March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Water Birth has me soo curious these days!

+3
coppertopz
alnaday
SequoiaAutumn
7 posters

Go down

So Water Birth has me soo curious these days! Empty So Water Birth has me soo curious these days!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:24 pm

I have been YouTubing like crazy water births. They are soo cool and seem so comfy. It looks so natural too. I read that it helps control the pain/discomfort to an extent im sure. But the hospital i chose doesnt do them. I do have 2 hospitals around me that have one tub for water births. But i have always opted to not go that route because i never looked into it. But to me this just looks so awesome.. here is a very good video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A8dIXRdMCg&feature=related

How do you plan on birthing?
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

So Water Birth has me soo curious these days! Empty Re: So Water Birth has me soo curious these days!

Post  alnaday Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:29 pm

I go back and forth. I would love to have a water birth, if it is an option. However I will most likely have a normal birth I just don't want any drugs, unless I NEED an epidural ( I hope I spelled that right)
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

So Water Birth has me soo curious these days! Empty re: Water Birth

Post  coppertopz Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:40 am

you might want to check out the Earthy Birthy Mama group threads. I believe a few were interested in water birth and perhaps you'll get in touch with some who have experienced it first hand!

coppertopz

Back to top Go down

So Water Birth has me soo curious these days! Empty Re: So Water Birth has me soo curious these days!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:07 pm

I met a mom today at church whos last baby was born in the tub. She labored for 30 hrs with no baby. So she suggested she go in the tub to relax during shift change. Well to her surprise it relaxed her so much she delivered all by herself because no one was around to help her. She said it was her most favorite delivery! I really want to give it a go.. but i need to find out more about the hospital im going to. I had 2 babies there before but that was 14 and 12yrs ago!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:10 pm

That's crazy, April! I actually read that you should stay out of the tub until you're dilated far enough because the relaxation could slow the dilation, but I never really understood how that would make any sense. The hospital I'm having the baby at has a big tub, but I'm not sure if they do tub births. I'm looking forward to using the tub either way, even though I know it will hardly be a spa day!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:09 pm

I have always been intrigued by water births. I am too chicken to go through with it though...
A good friend of mine had both of her kids at home in one of those huge inflatable tub things, she had a midwife and a doula.

She showed me photos and it looked so relaxing and awesome.

Have any of you ladies seen "The Business of Being Born?"

They have alot of info and deliveries in the movie that shows water births...including Ricki Lake's.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 pm

At the hospital I am going to- they will let me labor in the tub, but for insurance purposes (I am guessing it is their insurance and not mine) I have to come out of the tub to deliver. I still plan on laboring in the tub.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I have the Business of Being Born on hold at our library. HOpefully it comes in soon.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  crystal82578 Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 pm

I saw the business of being born and really wish I could have a normal/natural (water or squatting down) delivery but because
1. I had a c-section with my son
2. I don't know the history of my scar
3. My son was 9lbs 6oz and they believed that my pelvis is to small and
4. I have had two stomach surgeries since, so they are telling me that it would be safer for me to have a scheduled c-section.
My doctor doesn't even want me to go into labor. I am so bummed about this but I understand the risk of trying. My aunt is a licensed midwife and she said I was too small to deliver my son and if this is another big baby there is no way I can try a VBAC.
crystal82578
crystal82578

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down