March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll Time - Please help with boy name!

+2
mini*van*mama
SarinasLilAddition
6 posters

Go down

Poll Time - Please help with boy name! Empty Poll Time - Please help with boy name!

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 am

http://boards.babycenter.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=4687.1&nav=messages&webtag=bcus3647094

Ok ladies... dilema time. I have a VERY strong PINK feeling in my belly. I really really think it's a girl, but I dont know for sure! Wont know until November 5th. So I'm thinking of boys names. I've already picked the girl name, set in stone. I'm having a VERY difficult time with a boy name. I absolutely love Rylan/Rylin/Rylen .. but everyone I'm asking is telling me it sounds very feminine.

Help!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Poll Time - Please help with boy name! Empty Re: Poll Time - Please help with boy name!

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 am

I really like Rylan. I don't think it sounds like a girl name at all.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Poll Time - Please help with boy name! Empty Re: Poll Time - Please help with boy name!

Post  GSDmommy Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:39 am

I like it, too... but what really matters is if you and your DH/SO love it. If so, then by all means, give your baby the name! Smile

Personally I get annoyed with people who chime in with their opinions on names and such (sounds too masculine/feminine; can't use Irish names - you're not Irish, etc., etc.), especially when unsolicited! Unfortunately, I have found that when you want to share names you like, people view that as an open invitation to comment and/or freely shoot them down. I have tried to keep name talk to a minimum, but am excited to share the ones we like, so I have mentioned names to my mom, sister and MIL... these are my closest family members, yet each has felt compelled to give reasons why they don't like them.

grrr

Guess I just have to keep them between DH and me to avoid the problem... once we find out boy/girl for sure Nov. 10, we will get more serious about name selections.

Good luck!! sunny
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:08 pm

of course you know i LOVE the name Rylan since thats my ODS name!!! I never got that the name sounds girlie...but my family didnt like it when i was pregnant but to bad for them i named him that anyway and now i get nothing but compliments on it!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:10 pm

rylan&babysmommy! wrote:of course you know i LOVE the name Rylan since thats my ODS name!!! I never got that the name sounds girlie...but my family didnt like it when i was pregnant but to bad for them i named him that anyway and now i get nothing but compliments on it!

I agree. And I'm ABSOLUTELY in love with it. I love you We have decided to go with it for a boy name. We may change the spelling to Rylin.. but not positive yet. My mom loves the name, but she's about the only one (other than us).. but I decided this morning, I DONT CARE.. It's my Bean.. and my Bean to name..hehehe.

Thanks for all your input ladies!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:52 pm

Rylan... I like it... it's different, and I love different names!!!
and ur right,.. it's UR Bean!!!! Razz So don't worry about others not loving the name... they'll get used to it! My mom hated the name Mason.... but we named out 2nd son that anyway, and she hasn't said a word about the name since I was pregnant!
Go with ur gut geek
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Atta girl, Sarina! cheers
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

I love Rylan. I had it on my list, but my sons name is Ryan and that would be too close. I wish that I thought of Rylan the first time around because it is not as common.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down