March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm home with baby Bennett :)

+10
LGTWifey
Karen
JeniDwy
stair70
alnaday
SarinasLilAddition
obxstefany
MsButterfli
lisa_m
Nivette
14 posters

Go down

I'm home with baby Bennett :) Empty I'm home with baby Bennett :)

Post  Nivette Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 am

It's late, so we'll see how good my fast typing skills have held up...

I'm home with baby Bennett :) 03810
I'm home with baby Bennett :) 04110

Those are just a few...I have a few more on our blog...I don't want to spend the time to put more up here...lol. So http://connorsconundrum.blogspot.com if you're interested Smile Anyways, on to the birth story!

So I went in on Sunday evening at 6 PM for my scheduled induction process. I got the Cervadil and that had to stay in for 12 hours. So at 6:00 AM Monday morning, they took it out and I got to shower and stuff for half an hour. They checked me and I was still at 2 cm and about 70% effaced. Oh, by the way, I had been having real contractions on Sunday without knowing they were real. I guess I thought they were Braxton-Hicks because they didn't hurt at all. So they started Pitocin at around 6:45 AM. I asked for my epidural around 9:30ish I think and then was able to get Nubaine while waiting. It was only 15 minutes after that that the epi came, so I was pretty much in la-la land Razz I got the epidural at about 10:15 AM and was soon dozing/sleeping quite nicely. Ever since I'd come in, Bennett had been "running" from his heartrate monitor, and that never changed. They kept coming in the room to have me switch positions or roll over, and eventually they gave me oxygen. Just like Ellerie, his heart rate kept dipping a bit during contractions. So I thought, no biggie.

My doctor came in for the first time at about 12:45 PM to see me and they mentioned all of this to him and so he asked when they had checked me last. They'd checked me at 11:15 and I was almost a 3 and still about 70% effaced. He checked me and I was a 9!!! Crazy, especially considering how long I dealt with Ellerie's labor (basically 10 hours in the hospital and 72 at home!). Anyways, he called everyone to get the room ready and after pushing for just 25 minutes, Bennett was born at 1:24 PM and weighed in at 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 19.5 inches long. He is so tiny! Ellerie was only 7 lbs. 7 oz. but she seemed much bigger. The jacket in one of the pictures is a preemie size! Anyways, I only have a 2nd degree tear this time, so it's not too bad. 5 1/2 hours feels so much better than 82...especially giving birth in the middle of the day rather than the middle of the night. Oddly enough, Ellerie was born at 1:26 AM, so almost the same time, 12 hours apart.

I'll be posting more pictures on my blog in the next few days, as I take them, so be sure to check there. I already have to post a few on Facebook to appease some friends i have there, lol, and it just starts taking a lot of time to post in so many areas. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting - it is totally worth it...even though I don't know what craziness will ensue to TWO kids....I can only wait and see Rolling Eyes
Nivette
Nivette

http://connorsconundrum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm home with baby Bennett :) Empty Re: I'm home with baby Bennett :)

Post  lisa_m Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:57 am

Bennett is SO CUTE!! I'm so happy your labor went so well, and that you're home and happy now. He's such a perfect baby. Congrats!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MsButterfli Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:11 am

awwww hes adorable Smile congrats
MsButterfli
MsButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:37 am

He is beautiful! I am happy to hear your labor went quickly. Congratulations to you and your family on your beautiful baby boy Bennett!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:48 am

He's adorable! Congratulations.. and lucky you on your labor going so well.
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 am

congrats on a quick labor, I looked at the blog and loved the pic with Bennett hand on his forehead too cute.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  stair70 Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:53 am

Congrats Nevette and welcome Bennett!!! He is adorable!!!
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 am

Aw what a cutie. He looks absolutely perfect!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 am

Congratulations!! He is absolutely adorable!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

Bennett is ADORABLE, his features are just perfect...and with just looking at his face I would never have guessed he was so tiny...I am so bad at things like that.

It sounds like our labors were very similar, I was 3cm at 11:30 and then a full 10 at around 1pm, so almost identical. Smile And we got our Epidurals at the same time too...

Good luck with the two little ones, so far so good here, the best advice I can give you is have some one on one time with Ellerie whenever you can. Brad has been "in charge" of Olivia more so now than before so I miss a lot of the one on one time, so I try and make up for it when she gets home from daycare in the afternoons its just her and I...however she likes to smack me in he face, so clearly she doesn't want the one on one time Smile

How is Ellerie liking her little brother? Did I ever tell you that my BFF is madly in love with the name Ellerie, she is done having kids, so she wanted me to name Avery, Ellerie...I had never heard of the name before she mentioned it and then I "met" you a few weeks later...ironic huh? Its a beautiful name. Do you call her Elle or Ellie at all?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:33 am

Congrats, Bennett is adorable! Glad to hear your labor was quick and you are all at home enjoying one another.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:43 pm

congrats! he is so cute!
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Congratulations!!! Bennett is such a cutie!!! How are you feeling?? Having 2 does seem overwhelming at the beginning, but it gets easier down the road!!
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  mrskizzee Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:32 am

Congratulations! He is so cute! I'm happy to hear that your labor went well! Very Happy
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down