March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Boom in Richmond....

+3
SequoiaAutumn
daj72705
LGTWifey
7 posters

Go down

Baby Boom in Richmond.... Empty Baby Boom in Richmond....

Post  LGTWifey Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:36 pm

So I am not sure whether I told you ladies or not, but while we were in the hospital it was a ZOO, on Thursday the day we were discharged they moved us to a different room at 5am to get our room clean and they ended up having to call 2 people that were scheduled for inductions to tell them to hold off, because they didn't have a room for them...the nurses were talking about how crazy it had been all week...and last night one of my friends delivered at the same hospital and they had to call her and tell her to come in 4 hours late for her induction because they didn't have a room for her, so its still crazy at our hospital...

For those that have already had their little ones, were your hospitals busy? The RN's told me that February and March are always crazy...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Baby Boom in Richmond.... Empty Re: Baby Boom in Richmond....

Post  daj72705 Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Thursday night was calm

Friday night there was 19 having babies

Saturday night another 8 in labor with 2 on the way in

the nurses said since the full moon it has been crazy but that march is the second busiest month for having babies!

i think thats why they let me come home a day early, they needed the room.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 pm

No one else was in labor when I had Sequoia. But when I went in 2 days prior there was only 2 ladies in labor. I dont know what went on after I went to my room.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:07 am

That same thing happened when I was having Connor in July 04. I was called and told to not come in for my induction. The next day, I was called again and told the same thing. The following day, I called and they said to come in. Got there, no room, was told to go get breakfast in the cafeteria and come back. Then told to watch Oprah. They were shuffling patients around big time, finally got in 3 hours late.

When I had my ob appt this last Wed, my ob told me to not go into labor that day because there was no room at the inn. I sure hope that things aren't as hectic when I either go into labor or else it is induction day.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:24 am

my dr had made a comment to me the other day that he had a lot of babies due in march so i think that when the weather gets nice and warm around may and june and ppl wear less clothes they are more prone to having sex which results in more pregos which then results in march babies.. Hey im not making this up, i really did read that more babies are concived between june-august than any other months because of what ppl wear when its warm out.. it makes sense to me lol.. lol!
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 am

Well, I haven't been in the hospital to have a baby yet, but when I was at the DRs on Thursday, they told me they had 5 births within the past 24 hours. Our hospital is very small, so I'm sure they were packed right to the brim!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm

I think that I will freak out if I get to the hospital on the 15th and they are "busy" and send me home. I hope that I go into labor before that and they have to take me. What's up with all the babies?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Today I went to my NST. They were cleaning the room I was to go in, so I had to sit and wait "10 minutes" in the waiting room. Well, the first 15 minutes I was waiting, the lullaby was played 3 times! 3 babies born in 15 minutes! When I got into my NST (after 30 min and me making sure they didn't forget about me) there was a lady in labor screaming. It was a very busy morning in L&D at our small hospital.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down