March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co Sleeping

+2
lisa_m
PonyDoodleButt
6 posters

Go down

Co Sleeping Empty Co Sleeping

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:54 am

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing it?
I was staring at Uriah's basinet and thinking about how little were actually going to use it because I have co slept with both my boys and really cant bring myself to sleep any other way. Ive just found that they sleep longer and better when they sleep with me. I mean it makes sense, they get so used to your sounds and smells and rythems what better way to put them to sleep then keep them with you.
Some people might think Im crazy for co sleeping with an infant but Im not scared of rolling over on him or something covering his face.
I actually worry more when he is sleeping in his own bed because I cant see him and would have no clue if something happined.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Co Sleeping Empty Re: Co Sleeping

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:22 am

We're going to co-sleep. We bought a Snuggle Nest (http://www.maternityandbabyshoppingmart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5073) from BRU, and plan to try that. Our pediatrician says it's perfectly fine, even without any kind of contraption. Most cultures around the world co-sleep so it can't be that dangerous. If he can't sleep with us, we'll try him in his own room, but I think it will be easiest to breastfeed and check in on him if he's right there with us.

Of course, this is all hypothetical since he's not here and he's our first, but this is what we're planning.

Good luck!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 am

I hope it works for you. It just feels rite to have your baby with you.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 am

I know what you mean! Even though I am a FTM, it just doesn't feel right to me when I leave her in her bassinet at night. I think it has onlly happened twice since she's been born. I feel like if she cries, I won't be able to hear her.. and if she is right next to me I will wake up right away and be able to attend to her.

She hates her bassinet. I try to place her in there, and she wiggles around and makes weird faces.. but if I put her in the bed with SO and I, she falls asleep instantly. I am also not afraid of rolling over on her, because I have mommy instinct... and I wake up every 20 minutes anyway to make sure she is okay and breathing.

It kind of makes me nervous, though... because I am afraid she is going to become dependent on sleeping in the bed with us, and then when she is older we won't be able to get her out.

Did anyone have this problem??
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 am

We co-slept with DD. She is 3 1/2 now and sleeps in her toddler bed in our room. I am not worried about it because I love having her close. It will be interesting to have both of them in our room, so we may move her to her room if she isn't sleeping well with the baby.

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:49 am

I have co slept with all my kids. We let them fall asleep in our bed, then pick them up and put them in the crib after a certain amount of months.. maybe 6-8mths. It depends on how well they sleep. Cheyenne slept with us till she was 3..half our bed half the crib... then she moved into the crib till she was over 4 and even at 5 she would climb back in and go to sleep. Shaiman only in the beginning months then he was a crib sleeper. Logan slept with us till he was 3 then got kicked out when Grayson was born. I know that does sound bad! lol And Grayson is still in our bed. He naps everday in our bed, goes to sleep at night in it, and we move him in the crib, just for him to wake up a couple hours later to go back in our bed. It is kinda of a pain, but he has conditioned us so its our fault. Sequioa will be placed in her bassinet. Hopefully she likes it! I have no more room in my queen sized bed! Anyone know where i can find a king size cheaper? lol
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:04 pm

We are also co sleeping. Jake slept so good last night. I fed around 12:30am and he slept until 4:15 and I fed him again and we slept until 7:15ish this morning. I know he is sleeping so well because he is beside us. I don't sleep as well because I am aware of him being beside us. I am scared about my DH forgetting the baby is there or that the covers might go over him. Thats the only drawback for me in having him in the bed with us. I still want to get something to put beside our bed to hopefully move him over to after he has fallen alseep. I know lots of people say don't let your baby sleep in the bed, but I am sorry this is my only baby and I am going to spoil him. I would be a mess if he weren't so close to me. I would worry so much about him.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down