March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks

5 posters

Go down

Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks Empty Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:19 pm

So I thought this would be a nice place to start putting some yummy recipes. They can be anything. This should be really good with the Holiday Season coming up on us fast. Here is mine:

Pumpkin Pie:

3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons molasses
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 eggs, separated
milk combined with 1 can of evaporated milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
Pie shell

Separate eggs. In a clean bowl beat egg whites only until slightly foamy.
In a measuring cup, add 1 can of evaporated milk. Add regular milk until level in measuring cup reaches 1 1/2 cups total.

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except egg whites. Beat one minute. Gently fold in egg whites.

Poke holes with a fork on the bottom and sides of pie shell.

Pour into pie shell.

Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 30 more minutes.

Let cool for 45 minutes.

Then cover with cool whip, hide in the closet and eat the whole pie before any one knows you made one.
Razz
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks Empty Re: Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks

Post  jules1018 Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:05 pm

I don't have any recipes...but I did just have a roast pork with provolone cheese and roasted red pepper sandwich for lunch. OMG it was so good....I highly recommend it LOL
jules1018
jules1018

Back to top Go down

Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks Empty Re: Whats for dinner....breakfast....lunch.....and snacks

Post  stair70 Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 am

This is very good, I only make this like 2 times a year but its reall great with ham.
Scalloped Pineapple

1 C butter
2 C sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
20 oz. can crushed pineapple
6 slices bread, cubed

cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and pineapple. Mix well. Stir in bread cubes.
Bake in greased casserole dish at 350 for 1 hour.

Sme times this will bubble up and end up on bottom of oven so put a cookie sheet or foil uder to avoid this. I also double this recipe but I do have a large family.
stair70
stair70

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:40 am

OMG- that pineapple recipe sounds like a bread pudding (which I LOVE) I am going to try that out.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  becky123 Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 pm

Ok My sister in law just told me this recipe and it sounds SO easy and good to make (I havent tried it yet though) Maybe its cause we are so close to Thanksgiving but I have been craving it!!

Stove Top Stuffing
Gravy (just the kind inthe package)
Turkey Lunch Meat, cut thick.

She said you cook the stuffing and the gravy. Once the stuffing is cooked you place it int he middle of a piece of turkey and wrap the turkey around it, then to it with the gravy!!! MMMM so good. I suggested cranberry sauce too!! Ill try it and let you know how it goes!
becky123
becky123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum