March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please

+3
SequoiaAutumn
Karen
armywife1203
7 posters

Go down

Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please Empty Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please

Post  armywife1203 Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Hey ladies,
I woke up this morning and had some spotting which concerned me a bit. I couldn't think of any reason why I might be spotting because I hadn't had sex recently nor have I had a physical exam that could have caused it. I have had 2 previous losses, was diagonsed with a blood clotting disorder and have been injecting Lovenox since I was 5 weeks pregnant. I was able to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler so that did calm my nerves but I still called the nurse line to try and figure out what the bleeding was coming from. They got me into the Dr. this morning, he did an ultrasound and thankfully the baby is fine, for now. However, I have blood behind the placenta which is causing concern to my Dr. He said he didn't like to see that because that blood could possibly damage the placenta and ultimately kill the baby. He said the blood could be there because of the blood thinner I'm on so he has decided to take me off the Lovenox. The very treatment that was supposed to help the baby and I might now be harming the baby. I have mixed feelings about not being on the Lovenox since I have never made it this far in any of my pregnancies and I feel that Lovenox has been the trick to getting me this far. But if it is the cause of this bleeding then I certainly don't want to take it anymore. I just pray that our little bean will be able to survive without it and that my blood won't clot causing harm to the baby. I am just really struggling with this right now!
I go back next week to see the Dr. to see how things are going and he has me on modified bedrest until then. No walking the dogs, no exercise, no household chores, no sex, nothing other then small things like showering and fixing a meal. Other then that he wants me off my feet. Please say a few prayers that our little one will make it through this and we'll be bringing our miracle home in March!
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please Empty Re: Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please

Post  Karen Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:03 pm

I hope the dr can figure out what needs to be done regarding the med. I'll say a prayer for you and the baby.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please Empty Re: Bleeding behind placenta at 15 wks...prayers please

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Please stay off your feet and listen to your doctor. I really hope this resolves for you and things get better. I spent my last pg worrying all the time.. on bed rest for 13 weeks.. and the pg before the baby was supposed to have trism 18 and 21 and would not survive. I know how hard it is to get through the last 20something weeks.. Im glad your doctor is on top of things. Hang in there.. we are there for you

April
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:21 pm

I am so sorry to hear things aren't going perfectly anymore, but I am very hopeful for you that resting and changing medication will help. I'm not much of a pray-er but I have my fingers and toes crossed that the bleeding stops and that you get to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Take care of yourself!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh wow, I am so sorry you have had this development. I am sending all my positive thoughts and prayers your way. I am glad you went to the doc promptly, and at least he did take action by getting you off the medication, so hopefully the problem will not get worse and your baby will be healthy.

All my best,
Amy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 pm

I, too will be thinking, and praying for u!! Take care of urself!
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:09 pm

I will keep you in our prayers.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down