March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs?

+4
GSDmommy
daj72705
PonyDoodleButt
obxstefany
8 posters

Go down

Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs? Empty Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs?

Post  obxstefany Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 am

Are any of you ladies experiencing Restless Leg Syndrome? I don't get it every night, but when it kicks up, it is a major pain in the ass and I cannot sleep. I had it during the first trimester...I think it went away during the second trimester, but it is back with a vengence. AHHHH...very frustrating. I think this must be another way for your body to prepare itself for nights of little to no sleep.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs? Empty Re: Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs?

Post  PonyDoodleButt Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:34 am

Yep I get it bad during pregnancy....and I havent been able to fall asleep til 5 am lately...it really sucks!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs? Empty Re: Anyone Else with Insomnia and Restless Legs?

Post  daj72705 Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 am

I get it too. Mainly when I am trying to relax on the couch in the evenings. I just can't keep my legs still. Its so frustrating.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am

yes, I get restless legs every evening after dinner... drives me nuts. they also acted up at work yesterday afternoon, so sitting at my desk became almost impossible. thankfully, it doesn't last too long, and hasn't been interfering with my sleep... that would be such a drag! i feel for you, PDB!!
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheirogloss Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 am

Holy crap, do I have insomnia and restless legs! I slept less than 3 hrs last night just because I could not get comfortable. It has been almost a week of poor sleep, and I am starting to look like a zombie during the day. I know that we all won't be sleeping a lot when the LO's get here, but at least we will be able to sleep in any position and actually get sleep when we can. Right now, I can't even get comfortable during naps Sad
Cheirogloss
Cheirogloss

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:34 am

I am with Dee, mine mostly kick in while I am relaxing on the couch, drives me BONKERS.

And yes, that is another thing to look forward to after the birth, being able to roll over with ease, and just generally being more comfortable as you sleep. I remember being in the hospital with Olivia and being so thankful I could lay on my back, it was HEAVEN.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:47 pm

I can't sleep comfortable anymore. I feel like I am squishing the baby when I lay on my left side. Any suggestions? Are there certain pillows that might help?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:21 pm

I got a Boppy wedge pillow that I put under my stomach when I sleep. It looks pretty small, but not only does it help my back, but it doesn't feel like I'm stretching my sides out like it used to when I didn't have it. I don't know if it'll help feel less like you're squishing your baby, but it's worth a try.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:43 pm

I have the Bobby pillow too, I put it between my legs and it goes under my stomach a little too...and its SUPER comfortable, I brought it to the hospital with me, its great behind my back too!!!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down