March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility?

+10
kboogie
lisa_m
Karen
ldw1193
TechieMom
PonyDoodleButt
mini*van*mama
LGTWifey
daj72705
SequoiaAutumn
14 posters

Go down

Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility? Empty Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility?

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:43 pm

DH is a great help and I know I couldn't do it without him. When I was pg with Logan in 04 he took over laundry.. well i havent taken it back! I fold it and put it away though..he goes in the basement and washes/drys it. He now goes grocery shopping with me to push the cart, pick up things so i dont have to bend over and puts the bags in the car. He also brings the stuff in with Daniel's help and the girls put it all away. We have a good system going.

I was wondering if anyone elses have picked up more of the chores since being pg to help take the load off you.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility? Empty Re: Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility?

Post  daj72705 Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:52 pm

My DH has also started helping more. Since I can't bend over like I use too, he helps carry laundry for me, he cleans the dog cages for me, he also brings in the groceries for me. Pretty much whatever I ask him to do now he does it for me. Now if I could only figure a way to make it last....lol.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility? Empty Re: Has your DH or SO taken over some responsibility?

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 pm

I was just telling my DH tonight that he is doing a great job of taking care of me this time around, with my DD I never complained about a thing, I felt great the entire pregnancy so I don't think he got it, but with this one I am uncomfortable and ache and my feet are swelling, so I think he realizes that its harder on me this time around. He made dinner tonight and cleaned up the kitchen, he is always telling me to sit down and relax.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:02 am

My DH had a reality check tonight. I hinted to him that i would love a foot massage wtih lotion.. he was like yeah right! Didnt i massage "something" last night.. meaning foreplay.. I said yeah but im sooo sore all over! I took his hand and had him push on my pelvic bone... then i slid it up just a hair... I said.. This is the babys head! He jumped his hand away and with a shocked look he said.. Whats it doing there? Dur.. she has to come out sometime! He said.. Well push her back up.. I replied with.. thats what your penis tried doing last night! Shocked He said.. Thats it! NO MORE SEX FOR YOU! lol
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:09 am

DH has been taking the dirty clothes down stairs for me and the clean ones up. Jared puts his own away and then I put mine and Caitlin's and Dylan's away. Now as for him doing laundry NO. He is color blind so I will stick with it. Now after I come from the hospital and can't do the stairs I will seperate upstairs and spray what needs to be sprayed and then tell him what to put it on etc.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:40 am

Bahahahaha I think Im doing more now then I did before! He has his moments but its minimal...like cleaning the sink out after he shaves but I still have to come behind him and clean it because there is stubble stairing me in the face all over the sink and on the floor.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  TechieMom Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 am

Mine has just been amazing. I am a computer consultant and although I work mostly from home, I sometimes need to go to the client's house/office to do on-site work. He has taken over all of the on-site work (nice that we're in the same industry.) I feel bad when he goes to work all day, then comes home and makes us dinner, then goes to take care of one of my clients, but he's been a really good sport about it. We did know going into this that I would probably be on bed rest for the last few months, but it's still hard to see him work so hard and to feel so useless.

He's also picking up slack around the house, and taking care of me with massages and kindness. One of my friends actually suggested that I get a pregnant suit to wear after the baby comes so he'll keep being so nice! I feel really lucky to have such a good man. I love you
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am

Mine has been doing better... I noticed when he took his shower last night and shaved... that the bathroom was still clean!!! He even put his clothes in the right place. YAY!! I made shake and bake pork chops, mashed potatos, green beans, and pears for dinner and he helped with it AND the clean up after!!! I was so happy!! He asked if I wanted him to run my a hot bath, but I said no thanks.

Lacie
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:16 am

Mine is helping out more too. Sometimes I feel bad because he works 10 hour days and commutes for a total of 2 hours. Then he'll help out with things around here.

We usually go grocery shopping on his day off and he'll do all the bending & lifting, load & unload the car, and then I'll put it all away. I've had him carry the laundry baskets up & down the stairs, but I still do the laundry and put it away. He's a great help cleaning up the dishes. He'll make breakfast on his days off, or his late start days. Lots of things to help me out!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:39 pm

I feel bad because my DH has taken over doing EVERYTHING! I mean, I love it, but I feel like a lazy ass. He does the dishes, cooking, laundry, vacuuming, kitty box, bathrooms...everything. PLUS, I can get foot and back rubs out of him. I try not to ask too often since I'm literally doing nothing, but I do let him know how much I appreciate it. And when he's back at work and I'm a stay-at-home, I'll be taking everything back over. He does it all without complaining too, which just shows what a saint he is. I'd be grumbling the whole way! Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:14 pm

My DH has pretty much taken over doing everything except the cooking. He has been cleaning and organizing EVERYTHING (I kinda think he is nesting) I have been having so many problems- he lets me just lay on the couch. Sometimes I feel bad about that...but then I get over it!
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:01 pm

SequoiaAutumn wrote:My DH had a reality check tonight. I hinted to him that i would love a foot massage wtih lotion.. he was like yeah right! Didnt i massage "something" last night.. meaning foreplay.. I said yeah but im sooo sore all over! I took his hand and had him push on my pelvic bone... then i slid it up just a hair... I said.. This is the babys head! He jumped his hand away and with a shocked look he said.. Whats it doing there? Dur.. she has to come out sometime! He said.. Well push her back up.. I replied with.. thats what your penis tried doing last night! Shocked He said.. Thats it! NO MORE SEX FOR YOU! lol

You are tooo funny! You are raunchy girl!!! LOL

PonyDoodleButt wrote:Bahahahaha I think Im doing more now then I did before! He has his moments but its minimal...like cleaning the sink out after he shaves but I still have to come behind him and clean it because there is stubble stairing me in the face all over the sink and on the floor.

Pony,
My Dh does this too, it drives me crazy. But he does not do it as much though, because when he does do this. I invite his friends over...and they use the bathroom and he then becomes embarrassed at the 'mess' he left. i REFUSE to clean it...I am not his maid...just leave it there, it may drive you crazy, but have his friends come over and see how disgusting your DH is. Twisted Evil
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:11 pm

[quote="aquaopal"][quote="
You are tooo funny! You are raunchy girl!!! LOL

quote]

Sorry.. I am just not a shy woman! I am far too comfy with you ladies.. Smile
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm with Lisa on this one. My DH does it all, except cook and he constantly tells me to sit down and relax. I feel really bad about it, but he doesn't want me breathing cleaning chemicals or lifting or moving anything. I do get to do my own laundry on occasion. He's awesome and he's going to be a great dad Smile
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 pm

Trust me that wont work he has no shame at all!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  MillerWifey Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:35 pm

My husband is a sweetheart and he's always split the housework with me. He is "trying" to pick up some of the extra work...but he still bitches at me about the things I don't do. Like, "It's YOUR turn to wash the dog, ya know." or "The tub is looking really nasty." I try to tell him those jobs require me to get down on my hands and knees on the bathroom floor...NOT going to happen...he still doesn't seem to get it though. I haven't had to clean the litter box in 6 month (a chore he would never have even thought of doing before) and I CAN get shoulder and leg massages upon request...so I guess I can't bitch too much. He's gone for 10 days to do some gunnery training in the field. I'm trying to decide whether I should impress him with my housewife skills while he's gone or let it get disgusting and blame it on the LO. Razz Hmmm...I'm thinking the latter!
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:25 pm

My SO has also been wonderful. He works long days (10-12 hours a day).. and by time he gets home, he's whooped... but, he's been great. I also work full time (but only 8-8.5 hours a day).. so we have really split the housework. He also does anything that requires me to bend over (bathtub, toilet).. and of course the cat box. He also will do most anything I ask him to do.. which lately has been the dusting because reaching and stretching is hurting my back.. I still do the dishes, make the bed, do the laundry (although he helps me fold & put away)... we alternate the cooking every other night.. and now, in a change of events, it's usually MY nights that we end up ordering in... Embarassed

We'll see how long this lasts after Aniras gets here..hehe Twisted Evil
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:01 pm

You can at least milk it for another 6 weeks after she is born. Never tell him your feeling great.. Your a woman you come up with something! Laughing
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:19 pm

That was my BIG mistake, with my DD I felt great and never complained about a thing, but he is picking up the slack with this one because he realizes that I am more uncomfortable.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:28 pm

After my first child i was a single mother and did it all.. i ended up with a very high fever and over tired.

After my second i got mono from not resting enough

After my third i also got a high fever

You must rest even if your feeling good. Make dh or so do everything.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum