March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way)

+6
kboogie
dsdavin
obxstefany
daj72705
SequoiaAutumn
mini*van*mama
10 posters

Go down

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Empty Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way)

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:36 pm

One my friends had a baby 12-30, so I wanted to share pictures.

Enjoy Very Happy

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Alli4

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Alli5

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Alli

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Alli3

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Alli2
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Empty Re: Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way)

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 pm

I second the aweee! Adorable! Congrats to your friend! Have you held her yet?
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way) Empty Re: Just make you all go AHHHHHHH(the good way)

Post  daj72705 Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:56 pm

She is so cute. Congrats to your friend!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 am

No I have not even seen her in person yet. My friend is very germophobic and won't kids around her the first couple months. Which means I have to wait it out to see her. Sad
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:48 am

Awww.. so cute. Too bad she is such a germphobe. Is she letting anyone around the baby??? Does she realize that the hospital is one of the worst germ infested places? Just curious. That is her decision, but you can't shelter them their whole lives.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 am

What a cutee! I can't wait until that is all of us sharing our birth pictures!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 pm

She sent out an email a couple weeks ago, well I will see if I still have it and post it.

"Dear Family and Friends,
As you may or may not have heard I will be in the hospital for induction at 4:30am on Tuesday December 30th. Many of you have contacted me through phone, email and facebook etc to ask if you can come and see us. I welcome all that want to come. However at Christ you have to be over the age of 16 unless you are a brother or sister. So PLEASE and I repeat PLEASE DO BRING YOUR CHILDREN with you when you come to see us. I know that might mean some of you are not able to come, but we are looking at for the health of our newborn. We are also asking that if you come to our home to visit that you still come kid free. GERMS GERMS GERMS. Please make sure you have not had or been around anybody with a cold or flu, or anything in the last 3-4 weeks. For those of you that will make it we will have a bottle of Germ-X on a table right next to the door for you to use as soon as you walk in. Then there will be more placed around the house to use as much as possible. I know we are asking a lot, but we just want our girls to stay healthy.
With Love,
D,S,L and Baby Alli"

The funny thing is I heard from her brother as soon as she was home she was smoking. So she is so up tight over germs, but that baby gets to breathe in all the yuck smell of smoke on her.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:09 pm

OMG- that is hilarious! I had always heard that a newborn is still working off the immune system of the mother- plus all that germ-x is going to kill the bacteria that the baby is going to need to develop a healthy immune system of her own. Nothing like raising a baby in a bubble!
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:11 pm

The "PLEASE DO" typo is always good too. People could show up with their kids and be like, "you practically begged us!" That's what I would do. Twisted Evil
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ldw1193 Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:17 pm

WOW, and I thought I was bad about the germX with my babies. I don't mind if people came to vist, I do ask that they wash their hands and or use germX. But I don't smoke and no one is allowed to smoke in my house... IN FACT when my brother and sister in law came to see my first born, they both put a different shirt on before they held Brock, so that Brock did smell like smoke and he didn't take any of it in. I didn't ask them to, they just did. PLUS, their newborn had just had RSV, so they were VERY careful. WOW, good luck and I hope you get to see her soon.

Laci
ldw1193
ldw1193

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm

I am not a big worrier about germs in the beginning. I think that exposure helps to build their immune system. It is the same as us as adults. We try so hard not to get sick, but you just can't avoid it. I get more grossed out when the babies start crawling on the ground and pick up garbage and put it in their mouth. To me that is way worse than people coming to the hospital to visit a newborn.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:29 pm

Sorry to go off topic, but the PP reminded me of my Dad's wife from this weekend. We had a make-up Christmas on Sunday (we were all snowed in for the real day), and there was a 20-month old there. My Dad's wife was "showing off" what a good grandma she'll be. First, she gave Zoe a basket full of small stuffed mice (cat toys), and of course Zoe thought it would be fun to suck on them. Then, she pulled out an ornament that looks like a person made out of gumdrops. So Zoe goes, "COOKIE!" and tries to eat that. I'm thinking, "I don't care what you tell a 2-year old...if it looks like food..." So DH on the way home was like, "Guess they're out for potential babysitters." Um, yeah.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:46 pm

aWWW your friend's baby is absolutely adorable.

As far as her germ issues goes, to each their own.

I was out and about with my son when he was a newborn....people (friends and family) would yell at me, and tell me the baby should not leave the house for the first 3 months of life. We also had a black lab at the time, and my family made it clear that we needed to get rid of the dog too.

People, people, people....No

also, this is kinda off topic, but in regards to Travolta's son dying, the mother, Kelly Preston...mentioned that she thinks household cleaners were the cause of his disorder...she admitted that she had the carpet shampooed everyweek when Jett was a baby.

Not to say roll your newborn in mud and grime..but some dirt, I believe helps the immune system instead of harms it.

My son never got sick when he was a baby, he only got sick when he started daycare...which was when he was around a year and a half old.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 pm

With Jared I got the flu when he was 3 days old, and my dad and mom had take care of us both. Alex had to work because he had been off for almost 2 weeks. I count that to him being pretty healthy. Well he did have a lot of ear infections, but other than that.

Caitlin was at Walmart at 6 days old. We got stopped by so many people telling us she was not old enough to be out. She has been very healthy.

Dylan was travling out of state at 5 days old and then around 20+ people. This kid has only been sick 2 times. No ear infections or anything. Couple colds.

KNOCK ON WOOD
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

mini*van*mama wrote:
Caitlin was at Walmart at 6 days old. We got stopped by so many people telling us she was not old enough to be out. She has been very healthy.

OMG.. I hate people, seriously!! I would wanna smack their teeth out of their head.. who's business is it to tell you what is right and not right for YOUR child.. UGH...

BUT, I do think that email from your friend is very funny.. but to each their own!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down