March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diets...ALLI?

+4
mini*van*mama
SarinasLilAddition
Blessed with baby #2
LGTWifey
8 posters

Go down

Diets...ALLI? Empty Diets...ALLI?

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 pm

So does anyone know anything about Alli? I have read that you have to follow the rules to avoid the side effects, but other than that haven't heard much, but I was thinking about giving it a try once I am ready to diet.

Thoughts? I am going to do Weight Watchers as well...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Diets...ALLI? Empty Re: Diets...ALLI?

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm

No I don't but I think I am just going to have to stick to diet until I stop breastfeeding. I also plan to walk a lot.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 pm

I've heard that Alli works as long as you follow the rules EXACTLY. I also heard it makes you go #2 A LOT even following the rules...

I plan on walking my tooshy off once baby comes and after I'm done breastfeeding, I'll explore different diet options:)
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:34 pm

For my GF's that did BF, they were able to lose the weight just from doing that, didn't even need to diet, and one was doing a modified Weight Watchers Plan, I guess they have one for breastfeeding Momma's...

Yeah, I was just reading about Alli, and all the #2 issues....between a newborn, a toddler and me on Alli the house will be filled with POOP - LOL.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm

My cousin use to take Alli and she quit about 3 months after she started. She followed the rules to the T, AND SHE WAS IN THE BATHROOM 3-4 TIMES EACH HOUR.

She said she lost weight, but had to be put in the hospital a couple times because she was going #2 so much she would get dehydrated.

I have a Weight Watchers online membership and they have some yummy food on there. So if anybody wants to give it a try let me know and I can copy and paste some recipes that you guys want.

Maybe once May comes around we can start up a diet thread each week and set goals. We can have weigh in's and everything.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:15 pm

DH took Alli for a while. It kinda worked. He lost some weight, but I do not believe it was the best way to lose weight. After Abigail is born I will be BFing and walking walking walking. I have always been a firm believer in healthy eating and exercise over "magic pills"
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:37 pm

Before I got preggers (which is probably what got me preggers Cool )

I lost 20lbs after joining Sparkpeople I plan to rejoin sparkpeople after LO is born. Just promotes healthy eating and exercise. They offer meal plans too....all free!

I liked WW also...but sparkpeople offered the same things, but was free...so for that reason I liked sparkpeople better.

I have not heard good things about Alli...like everyone said...poo issues.

Sorry I can go without the anal leakage and swamp ass, thanks
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 pm

If a side effect of anything is stomach issues, then I am doomed to get them. I was thinking about Alli, but after reading this thread I will just skip it. I am going to b/f and would have to delay taking anything until I am done.

I did sparkpeople for a while and I agree it is a great tool. I was faithful with the food journal and exercise journal, read so many articles, joined several great groups, etc. I did lose some weight because of it.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:00 pm

yeah, it stops you from digesting & absorbing fat molecules, so they come out the other end. hence the leakage factor... just like Olestra in the doomed potato chips that listed anal leakage on the package as a potential side effect. mmmm, yum!! What a Face
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Oh I remember those potato chips AND the lovely anal leakage side effect. Shocked
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum