March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DD's big girl room

+6
rylan&babysmommy!
crazymommy2b
mini*van*mama
LGTWifey
MillerWifey
GAMommy
10 posters

Go down

DD's big girl room Empty DD's big girl room

Post  GAMommy Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 am

So I finished baby Owen's nursery a few weeks ago and was feeling really bad about my 2 yo DD's room. I got off to a great start when I first moved her a few months ago, but then kind of just stopped and started focusing on the nursery. So this weekend I took advantage of my nesting phase Smile It's still not 100% done. I have to touch up the paint (it used to be my DH's "baseball/man room") and my wonderful dad is going to make white built in bookcases and a window seat/toy box around the window where the storage bins and current bookcase are. I made the art and I'm no Da Vinci, but I think it's starting to come together. I'd love any ideas or feedback that you have (besides touching up the paint Laughing )

DD's big girl room Ava_ro10

DD's big girl room Ava_ro11

DD's big girl room Ava_ro12

DD's big girl room Ava_ro13

DD's big girl room Ava_ro14
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

DD's big girl room Empty Re: DD's big girl room

Post  MillerWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 am

That is so pretty! And who knew blue could be so darn girlie?! Wow, you ladies have WAY too much energy! Smile
MillerWifey
MillerWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:24 am

I love BLUE for a girl's room, so cute. And I love that she has a sink in her room, so jealous Smile And the art looks GREAT, give yourself some credit.

Olivia has made no mention of getting out of her crib, granted she is only 17M old, so I am hoping she can just stay in the crib until she is ready to make the move herself. One of my GF's is pregnant, due in June. Her DS will be 3 in May. She just took away his Paci, is moving him to a big boy bed in a few months, moving him into a new room, changing his daycare and potty training him all before the baby comes. HOLY TOLEDO that is a lot for a little boy.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:37 am

I love it. I love it.

I think the rooms that are not pure pink or purple are so cute when they get out of the infant age.

We were painting bedrooms and Caitlin picked out her color for her walss and it was a baby blue. Which works out perfect since she will be sharing with the baby.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 am

I just love love love Ava's room!!! Very girly, but in a modern, sassy way!! Good job mom!! I think it's awesome that you re-did her room too, so the focus wasn't just on Owen's room. I wish I could redo the boys bedrooms....but there is no way I have the energy for that right now!
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:10 pm

i love her room!!! i want to redo my sons room now!! and we still dont have the nursery done yet!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Great room! I love the artwork!!
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Looks great!! I loveeee the stripes!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Couldnt be more perfect! I love the colors!!! Nice way to take some focus off the baby and put it towards Ava. Nice job mom!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  GAMommy Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks ladies! I'm excited and apparently so is she...she didn't go to sleep until after 9 pm last night (normally it's between 7:30 and 8:00) and my DH says she's refusing to take a nap and wants to just play in her room. I guess I'll consider that a success! As for the colors, my DH is a huge NY Mets fan and their colors are blue and orange. I just got creative and turned what had been a solid orange stripe into veritical stripes of green, pink, white and orange. I think it fits her bright personality...she's never seemed like a pastel sort of baby, even when she was tiny. As for the energy, I'm fully in the nesting phase. I'm exhausted all the time but I just can't make myself stop. I've cleaned out and organized our walk in closet, (almost) finished both kids rooms, rearranged our family room...I'm over doing it but just can't stop. I think it's the insomnia that's causing me to lose my mind! It's driving my DH crazy.

As for moving her to a toddler bed - I moved her out of the crib at 16 months. I don't really even know why, I just thought she was ready. I wasn't sure how she'd take it, but she LOVED being in her "big girl" bed. I've never had a problem with her getting up and roaming the house. I think it may be because we did move her so early...she never realized she could get out Laughing
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:36 pm

Yeah I have heard that works as well, move them early enough so they dont' realize the freedom they have.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:25 pm

This is awesome! I love the bold colors.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down