March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Pain!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Horrible Pain!!!! Empty Horrible Pain!!!!

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:18 pm

This morning (my last day of break before going back to work tomorrow) and I wake up @ 6 with horrible pain that went from the right side in the middle of my stomach (right under my ribs) around my side to the middle of my back. I tried laying on my left side-nope. I drank 2 glasses of water -nope. Finally I got in the bath and that helped. However, I still don't feel great. Any ideas what was causing the pain? I was crying it hurt that bad (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance).

Thanks ladies!
Stephanie

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Horrible Pain!!!! Empty Re: Horrible Pain!!!!

Post  dsdavin Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:35 pm

I have no idea, but I would put a call in just to be safe! I really hope you feel better.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm not sure what might be causing the pain but I know for the last couple of weeks my LO has settled under my ribs on the right side and it gets pretty painful. My ribs feel like they are burning/breaking and the pain goes into my back as well, but only on the right side. My back feels like all the muscles are super tense, like when you get real cold, and nothing I do makes it feel better. It's a strange feeling because my right side feels horrible while the left side of my body feel completely normal. A friend told me that my LO could be pinching a nerve as well which might be adding to the pain.

It never hurts to call the DR though, better to be safe! Hope you feel better.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Christine-I am also thinking that he was pinching a nerve or something since it has gone away. But man, it was HORRIBLE!!!

This pregnancy is so different from my daughter. He already has his nights and days mixed up-UGH!!

Stephanie

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Christine, that sounds just like what I've been experiencing -- like he's making more room for himself in the right side of my rib cage. I notice it more when I've been sitting all day (like at work), but it tends to settle down after a good night's sleep.

To the OP, if you're worried about it, it wouldn't hurt to give your doctor or midwife a call just to settle your mind. I hope you find some relief!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down