March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Husband is Nesting!

+6
JenniVange
mini*van*mama
PonyDoodleButt
Karen
SequoiaAutumn
obxstefany
10 posters

Go down

My Husband is Nesting! Empty My Husband is Nesting!

Post  obxstefany Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:10 pm

I swear he is nesting. This morning at 10:30 he started going through what is going to be the nursery and just clearing stuff out. Then, he goes and cleans the bathroom (he never does that), and looking for anything to clean. I like it, but it is NOT like him at all. He even went out and cleaned his shed!!! Is mine the only one doing this???
As much as I enjoyed watching him clean, all I could think was STOP. I just want to be lazy today and not do a whole lot. Laughing I worked with him though, because I felt like I should. We did get alot accomplished though. I think he wants to go back at it tomorrow....AHHHHH!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

My Husband is Nesting! Empty Re: My Husband is Nesting!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:13 pm

And when he is done there.. tell him to come on over my way! I have been waiting for the changing table to come out of the garage for a week now, today I told him i want the bedroom changed around to fit everything.. nothing got done.. and i wanted the couch moved out to get all those lost toys and dust bunnies from under it.. never happened.. im sure i can think of so much more.. so good for you.. your getting things done at least!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:13 pm

That's awesome, I wish my dh was! Too bad your's was nesting when you just wanted a lazy day, though.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Although mine hasnt gotten his nesting instinct yet, he has had frequent urination, moodiness, food cravings, slight chunk on his hips and naseau!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:18 pm

Mine had nausea in the beginning. The strange thing is when he had it, I felt great and when I had it he felt great! I liked it so much better when it was him and not me. Twisted Evil
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:23 pm

affraid I WISH! Mine just got lazier! For example his son spent the night last night and hes incharge of cleaning and getting the boys to pick up. I wake up and of course theres a huge mess all over the house and his mom(unfortunitly we live with MIL!) starts going off about how were messy...WTF are you kidding me I keep things clean all the freaking time! So Im in a bad mood now because she wants to blame DH'S lazyness on me and he cant even get his son to pick up his shit every time hes here. Of course every time I ask SS to do it he gives me attatude....UGH.
I cant wate to have this baby I need the vacation in the hospital!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:42 pm

I was just sent down to put the sofa cushion cover in the wash. While I slept he moved the sofa and cleaned a bunch of crap from under it.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:10 pm

It must be in the air! Our nursery room got cleared out today to get ready to strip the wallpaper and paint. He went out and bought a new computer desk and we took down all the Christmas decorations, which usually sit in the basement for months, but they've already been moved into the garage. Then he took a nap. Can't expect too much right? Laughing
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:32 pm

That is great that the husbands are getting into it!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Mine has been focused on "boy" projects, such as caulking around the bathtubs and sinks, changing out a new faucet that I bought (months and months and months ago). I shouldn't complain, and believe me, I haven't to him at all, I just keep thanking him, finally these things are getting done when I have been asking him about them for months, but I am waiting for him to finish the Nursery Closet so I can put stuff back in and get organized....

And I undecorated the tree, I just need him to put it away and then I will be able to put the rest of the Christmas Decorations away, he has to get the tree in the storage room first...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 pm

lol! DH just said.. For some reason.. I have to go pee alot today!!!

Just seemed to fit in with the pg sympathy pains! HEHE
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:29 am

I am so glad this day is over. DH has drained me.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:56 am

My back and hips are sore from the workout mine put me through yesterday. OUCH! He has to go do a couple of service calls today, so I will get some break from it. The thing that sucks though is that I have to be at Colony Tire at 9 AM to get new tires and an oil change. Again....I would rather stay home and veg. Guess who scheduled that appt? Shocked It does seem to be in the air after reading some of the other posts.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:25 pm

LoL... well, I dont know if he's necessarily nesting, but Randy sure has been gaining sympathy weight ... and of course he blames it all on Aniras. lol!

We're starting the nursery tomorrow and I think he's definitely more excited than I am... BUT, I think that's just because he gets to use his powertools Laughing Laughing
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Sarina--we're starting the nursery tomorrow too...just the removal of the wall paper and spackling the walls but I can't wait till it's started. I was excited just getting it cleaned out finally. I have to remember to go in and take "before" pictures tonight. And we might get to start painting during the week or by next weekend for sure!! Yipee!!!

Oh and we finally found the "H" for the letters for Matthew's name. Who knew it would be so hard to find a freakin H??? It took over a month! DH won't let me paint them though since it's spray paint. There goes my project. Wah.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:12 pm

YAYYYYY for starting nurseries, Jenni! And I definitely feel your sadness about not being 'allowed' you use the spray paint. But it was my job to do all the taping and desgins before SO painted... so I still had a huge part.. all he did was push a paint trigger..haha. Least you can help paint the nursery walls! I cleared that with my DR with SO in the room so he couldn't tell me no.. haha.

Oh and THANK YOU for reminding me about before pictures... *Grabs camera* I'll do that now!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:17 pm

ohhh You're allowed to paint the room?? I never even thought of asking, just thought it was a no-no! Yipee!!!

I'm glad I reminded you about the pictures Smile
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Yep Jenni... as long as it's well ventalated. The spray paint is a no no because of different mix up of chemicals, but the latex flat, satin, semi-gloss & gloss interior paint is all A-OK according to my OB. WOOHOO cheers
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Walmart DOES NOT sell a Q... cant have Sequoia without the Q. SO i went to Michaels.. they were out of the E's. But when i went back a few weeks later they had them all. But i havent started painting them yet. I hope to start that soon. Cant wait to see all the new nurserys.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:16 pm

April--Q's were difficult to find huh? Weird what letters they have in stock and which they don't. And Michaels was cheaper then both Walmart and ACMoore around here by a dollar a letter. Yet they were all the exact same letters...go figure.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:36 am

Sarina, funny you should mention power tools... my DH has been attacking various projects with all kinds of energy (bordering on obsession), and one of them was to install a laminate floor in the office, which required the purchase of a big, scary table saw and another type of power saw also. Yikes! But thankfully he completed the project with all fingers intact. I must say, it looks great... and he painted the walls, too... and he HATES painting. I offered to help, but he didn't want me breathing the fumes. awww, so sweet.

Our nursery is pretty much done, and I have been filling up the closet with adorable boy clothes. Can't help myself!! Babycenter's store closing had all this Zutano stuff on sale, and I went crazy with their mix & match outfits. Waiting for the crib & dresser to arrive so I can take pics of the room and post them. Also am going to order the baby name and put it on the wall.
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down