March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Scared...Any Information??

+3
kboogie
SequoiaAutumn
Britt31109
7 posters

Go down

Very Scared...Any Information?? Empty Very Scared...Any Information??

Post  Britt31109 Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:26 am

I went to the Dr. yesterday for my 23 week appt. I had an ultrasound done already and my Dr. told me that they found something called choroid plexus. I have to have another ultrasound in a week and if it is still there then they are sending me to Chicago to see an expert. I really don't understand any of this and am really worried. Any idea?
Britt31109
Britt31109

Back to top Go down

Very Scared...Any Information?? Empty Re: Very Scared...Any Information??

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:56 am

My son too had this choroid plexus cyst back in 2004. We went for an u/s and it had gone away. It is a marker for Trisomy 18 but only 1-2% of babies who show this marker actually have the extra chromosome. Also at the second u/s they saw that the cyst had cleared but then the kidneys were dialated. Another marker for trisomy 21. We did not get the clear until 30 weeks. I remember the anxiety i had felt over the fact the technology is soo good that it picks these things up and the docs have to tell you what their findings are. We had been sent for a really clear 2D u/s. It was nice to be reasured that our baby was okay. He is a very smart 4yr old now.

With this baby they found a spot on her heart which is a marker for downs. I took a deep breath and said.. Yeah i get to see my baby again on u/s. I know everything will be fine.. i cant jump the gun before iknow the facts and truth.

Best wishes and keep us posted

April
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:15 pm

That is why I am so glad to have April on this board...with 8 kids...she pretty much knows about everything!
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 pm

My nephew also had this, 'sil' had to go to a few ultrasounds to check on it and it eventually went away. Baby is fine now, he's 18 mos. and healthy.

Good Luck, relax and try not to worry
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 pm

kboogie wrote:That is why I am so glad to have April on this board...with 8 kids...she pretty much knows about everything!

Oh i hope i dont come off as a know it all No I am glad to offer info if i know it..
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:05 pm

kboogie wrote:That is why I am so glad to have April on this board...with 8 kids...she pretty much knows about everything!

yes I have to agree with Kboogie. April on the board we get info from someone that has been there.
luv yah girl

Last edited by alnaday on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  kboogie Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Oh no April..you dont come off as a know it all...you just have the most experience..and I am really happy you are on here answering the hard questions.
kboogie
kboogie

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Thanks Kboogie... Phew i am relieved! cheers
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Is that cyst in the brain? My daughter had one in her brain at the first 20W scan, they never told us, but when we went back at 22W they were like "her cyst is gone"....phew. but they never gave us a real name for it...but just that its common for them to come and go, they just watch them to make sure more don't appear and that they end up going away...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Very Scared...Any Information?? Empty same thing here

Post  Nivette Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:18 am

Our little boy has the same thing. I'm almost 21 weeks now. My doctor said they didn't see any other markers to make them worry about it, so they are not worried. It's one of those weak markers and some doctors don't even bother telling their patients about it if they see it, simply because we preggos tend to worry, you know? He explained everything about it and said they would do a check up in the future just to be sure, but not to worry. If they didn't mention any other indicators of down's or something else, then the chances are so slim. Don't worry. And my take is also this: even if something was wrong, it's not like that would change anything. I'd still have the baby and still love it just the same, it would just take adjusting and hard work. All babies are wonderful Very Happy
Nivette
Nivette

http://connorsconundrum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down