March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To move or not to move?

+3
CourtneyAnnelies
SequoiaAutumn
GAMommy
7 posters

Go down

To move or not to move? Empty To move or not to move?

Post  GAMommy Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:17 pm

So my DH was laid off back in July and even though he's been working his butt off trying to find another job, it just isn't happening. So he got a call today about a job as VP of Finance for a very reputable company in NASHVILLE, TN. Ok, we live in Atlanta. Not too far, but most of our immediate family is here. My sister and two precious nephews, my BIL and his two adorable LOs, even my MIL who has become such a huge help. Not to mention, with the way the economy is going I don't think we could ever sell our house here. Plus, hello, I'm preggers with a 2 year old. I have a great job that I love and that's flexible with my schedule. So I'm needing some advice here. Do I just support my DH no matter what? This would be a huge opportunity for him not to mention probably a lot more $. But, what about my job? What about our house? Where will we live? Help!!!
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

To move or not to move? Empty Re: To move or not to move?

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Thats a hard one. I think if it were me.. I would want to try to support my dh and go with it. Either way.. it will work out in the end. We live in the ugliest house ever! But we dont go through more then 250gls of oil a year. Cant go wrong! We want to move.. but dont want to. Catch 22

Good luck
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  CourtneyAnnelies Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I think that you guys need to do what is best for you....but I do have to say I absolutely love Nashville!... I live in Memphis and Nashville it such a refreshing break from Memphis..... Maybe you guys should go there for a weekend to see how you feel about it. I think you would end up really liking it, and you would still be within visiting range of your family.
CourtneyAnnelies
CourtneyAnnelies

Back to top Go down

Post  HoosierBaby Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:25 pm

I would move... especially if your husband is going to be making a lot more money. My husband is a football coach and could be hired or fired anytime... If he got a new job, we'd have to move. If you're comfortable supporting the family for a while as he continues looking for jobs though... do it and tell him to turn down the offer in Nashville!

HoosierBaby

Back to top Go down

Post  Karri_B Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:12 pm

I would support DH no matter what. Sounds like your DH was offered quite the job - I would go for it.
Karri_B
Karri_B

Back to top Go down

Post  jules1018 Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:15 pm

I would support your husband and I'm sure you would be able to find a job as well. And if you don't think the house will sell, you could always rent it out until the market gets better. Charge the mortgage payment for rent plus all the utilities. That's what my mom did, she got renters like a week after posting the ad!!!!
jules1018
jules1018

Back to top Go down

To move or not to move? Empty Re: To move or not to move

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:43 pm

Hey, I think that I would jump on it and move. It sounds like a great opportunity. Also not to be too nosy but do you mind saying what area you are from. I grew up in ATL until I was about 14 and all of my dads family still lives there. I was just there this last weekend. They all live in the Stone Mountain Area. I love it there and I love going home.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

To move or not to move? Empty Re: To move or not to move

Post  GAMommy Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks guys...lots of great advice! I think if this really turns into something we'll definitely go up for a visit. I've only been to Nashville once and I don't remember much.

Blessed w/baby #2 - I live in Duluth. Not too far from Stone Mountain. It's ok, but the school district isn't the best and crime is going up. When DH and I first met we were both living in Dunwoody. Of course we couldn't afford to buy there, so we ended up in Duluth. Where did you move to?
GAMommy
GAMommy

http://www.thezopfs.com

Back to top Go down

To move or not to move? Empty Reply to GAMommy

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:54 am

I moved to Pensacola when I was a teenager but now I live outside of Savannah (Ft. Stewart) because my husband is in the military. I like it in Stone Mountain so much better. There is so much more to do there. I grew up going to Killian Hill Christian which is a really good school but I don't know how you feel about your kids going to a private school. If I lived there now I would have my daughter go there.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down