March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evan Zachary is here!

+8
o4seasmom
alnaday
obxstefany
Limedrop
LGTWifey
SequoiaAutumn
lisa_m
EveD2009
12 posters

Go down

Evan Zachary is here! Empty Evan Zachary is here!

Post  EveD2009 Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Hello ladies! I hope all of you are doing well:) Our little man was born Tuesday night at 6:55, weighing 7lbs 4oz, and 18.5 inch long! He arrived after a very very painful epidural free birth!

I actually managed to pull through it without the epi! I am so so happy cheers I was a little afraid that with being induced with the pitocin, I wouldn't make it, but somehow I did. I really cannot believe it. We checked into the hospital at 5am, and when our doc came to check me the first time at around 8, they had two babies that were looking to come ahead of me, so she decided to strip my membranes later at noon instead of then. They started the pitocin drip at 12 on a really low level. The initial contractions were super strong, but they didn't hurt at all. It was like so much pressure, but really ZERO pain. So I was so happy, the nurses couldn't believe that they weren't hurting, and so I was all confident, and declined the epidural a 2nd time, when I was at about 5cm working on 6. I did get a stadol shot at this point. Well then the pain really did change. The shot helped me relax, but didn't take the pain away. It was very very intense, getting through transition and on to 10. I honestly do not think I made it to 10 before the need to push was really there so strong, and I couldn't breath or pant through NOT pushing. I have no words to describe the feelings I was having. It was the most intense physical experience of my life. I wasn't prepared for the pain, but once you get there, you're there. My body really took over at that point. After pushing so hard for 45 minutes, he wouldn't come all the way down, and his heart rate dropped so she suctioned out his head to get him pulled down past my pelvis area, and then I pushed super hard and got him here. He arrived really pink, and hardly any of the white coating at all. I was so shocked to see him looking at me after such a long labor. He looks so much like his dad. It was so incredible. I had to have an episiotomy but my body is healing really well, and that part isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Here are a few pictures and I’m sure I could add more to the story, but I've rambled enough. Thanks for reading!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Evan Zachary is here! Empty Re: Evan Zachary is here!

Post  lisa_m Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 pm

He's amazing!!! Congratulations on your medication-free birth. I'm hoping to go natural too, even if it means with pitocin. Evan is really cute. Very Happy
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Congratulations on your little man! Horray on your epi free birth! cheers I know how hard it can be..but it sounds like you made it through! Great birth story. I love reading them.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Congrats. Evan is an adorable lil' man. Do you two have matching PJ's, I couldn't tell, but they looked like a matching set - so cute.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 pm

YEY!! congrads!!! flower
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:33 pm

You are my hero..to go with pitocin and no epi...all I got to say is WOW! The pit killed me and I couldn't do it anymore! Congrats on Evan. He is beautiful!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:50 am

Congrats cheers !!! you have your son and was able to go w/ out an epi, WOW!
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Congratulations on your little man!! Glad you managed to get through without the epi like you wanted, that is great!! Hope you are recovering well and that Evan is also doing well--love the matching pj's...at least they look like they match!!
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Congrats! He is precious and great job on the labor!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story and for the pictures of your adorable baby boy!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes We are doing very well. And yes they are matching pj's. They were a valentines gift from DH.

Evan went into be checked today his weight is at 6lbs 11oz, and zero jaundice. My milk came in yesterday, and HOLY CRAP OW! Very painful. But hes feeding like a champ, and I think breastfeeding is amazing. So glad I decided on that instead of formula. He got it a couple times in the hospital and it made him sick.

Overall he is such a good baby. Hardly fusses at all, and is so snugly and loves to be held. I can't get enough!
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  mrskizzee Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Congratulations! He is so cute and I love the matching pj's!!! And way to go on the epi-free birth, you are way stronger than me! After the pitocin kicked in I had to get the epidural. You are amazing mama!! cheers
mrskizzee
mrskizzee

http://www.myspace.com/themrskizzee

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:55 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum