March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help me

+8
SequoiaAutumn
mini*van*mama
LGTWifey
Blessed with baby #2
Mom to Boo-Rae
lisa_m
dsdavin
can'twaittobeamommy
12 posters

Go down

Please help me Empty Please help me

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:33 am

Hi girls. I am in need of advice. I went to the Dr. today. 38w3d. I have been getting checked since 36 weeks. Nothing is going on down there. Ruby is still way high. She is not even close to engaged and the doctor said they are usually engaged by 38 weeks. My doctor is really shocked about how high she is. She pushes her hand so far up and says she can barely feel her head. She said I need to start thinking about options. If I am set having a vaginal birth (I never imagined it any other way) then she is willing to wait until 42 weeks to see if she happens to drop on her own. I am not willing to go much past 40 due to my own fears of a stillborn. She said she can induce, but it will be pointless. If she is not engaged and then will pump me full of meds and I will probably push for hours to have a 60% chance of a section anyway. If Ruby is not dropped nothing is going to happen. She asked if I wanted to have her THIS SUNDAY! As you can imagine I was shocked. She suggested Sunday because she will be on, and she would like to do it herself. She will be on again March 31st if I want to wait until then. My due date is March 23rd. We did insemination so I know exactly. I told her I will call her in the morning and give her an answer. I got an u/s and Ruby is 8 1/2 lbs. I know it is off by a lb either way. So she is between 7 1/2 nad 9 1/2. They said her head is big and measuring a week ahead, which is why she may not be dropping. The ONLY positive I can come up with by doing the section is that I have bad bladder issues to begin with. I was told by a urologist I will probably have to end up catheterizing myself at somepoint to be able to pee because my bladder is pretty week. So I dont do vaginal and all the pushing it will help it out a ton. What does everyone think? I appreciate your advice. I am going to bed, but I wlll be back when I wake up in the morning. Thank you so much for any feedback Smile
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Please help me Empty Re: Please help me

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 am

First of all I love the name Ruby Love! Also, I would probably just go for the c/s if it were me. It sounds like that chances are slim that she will engage. It sounds like you are nervous to go past a 40 weeks (I would be too). I am going for my second c/s and if I were to try vaginally I would probably still end up having a c/s. I would bypass all the stress and long labor. You have to go with your instinct on this one. It sounds like she is big and healthy and ready to go! Good luck with your decision and keep us posted. I am having a c/s on Sunday, so you won't be alone! I will be 39 weeks by then. You will know in your heart what to do.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:13 am

Thank you very much. I think I am leaning in that direction. My sister just told me she picked up my dad from the airport. He is staying until Monday. I heard him in the background say "have the c-section on Sunday so I can be there." He probably wont be able to be back for months. I had no idea he was coming tonight until a few hours ago. Maybe that is a sign lol. I am glad you are doing yours on Sunday too. Now I wont feel so alone!
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:53 am

I think in your position I'd consider the c-section too. It's a scary idea, but it may be good that you have a few days to get used to the idea. I think it will be much less stressful to know going in that it's going to happen, than to try and have to have an emergency one. Of course, I'm with you that I haven't considered a section, but if that's what is best for my baby, I won't hesitate.

Good luck, and get some rest tonight! You'll need it if you're baby girl is coming on Sunday!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:15 am

With my daughter, I was induced because of PIH. When I went in, I was closed and she wasn't engaged. I went in on a Tuesday night and they inserted Cervadil. Wednesday morning, NOTHING had changed. They started pitocin and was on that all day with NOTHING. They let me eat and rest Wed. night and started pitocin again on Thursday. I was pumped pitocin all day Thurs. and NOTHING. So, Thurs. night they inserted Cervadil again. I woke up Friday morning to contractions and dilated to a 5. I labored until 12, got fully dilated, and pushed. However, she was sunny side up and wouldn't budge down the canal. So, I ended up with a c-section.

So, just because Ruby isn't engaged doesn't mean you can't have a vaginal birth. However, if I was put in the situation again, I would have just asked for a c-section.

Good luck with your decision.

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:16 am

Well, after having an 8.6 pound baby and her comming out face up I would say to go with the c-section. My labor was terrible and I would hate for anyone to go through what I went through. I have a new appreciation for women who have big babies.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:23 am

Tough call. I have to put my faith in your OB, they are the experts, BUT Olivia hadn't dropped at all and they jacked the Pitocin and she finally came down and I was able to deliver her vaginally and she was 10lbs 9oz, she was still -2 even when I was at 10cm...but the Pitocin brought her down. If my OB was pushing me towards a C-Section, I would go with her advice, but that is because I really trust her opinion...

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am

I was induced at 40 weeks on the nose because my first one was way up high and I was not doing anything else. I had a couple does of the 12 hour cervidil to get me thinned and dialated. It took days of being in the hospital, but he dropped down.

Now I was so ready for a c-section that I begged my Dr and he told me to just wait it out. I am so glad I did. Was it a horrible week in the hospital...HELL YES....Would I have changed for anything....HELL NO.

Since this is your first I would really try and go vaginal. If this was your second or thrird, I would say do the c-section since you have already gone through a vaginal. I just don't want you to pick a c-section and then wonder.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am

Thank you so much girls. You are all so amazingly wonderful and supportive. I think we are going to do it. Well I am getting really sick, and I know they wont do it if I am sick. So if I can get better by then, then we are going to do it. If not, I guess it's a sign that it wasn't meant to be. After really thinking about it, I am wondering if I should have all my babies via c-section if it will save my bladder.

Thanks again girls!
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:47 am

Can the doctors do a bladder repair sometime in the future?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:22 pm

C-sec's are major surgery. The healing time is much slower then vaginal. If I were in that situation I would go for a vaginal delivery. I wouldnt know if i hadnt just tried. Sequoia was still way up there when I was 7cm, 20 min before she was born. There are positions you can go in like squating or hands and knees that will open your pelvis up for the baby to come down. The contractions then can push the baby down. None of my kids engaged. I was always told my babies had "floating" heads. It was wonderful after Sequoia was born, i could hold her, i fed her right away, i got right up out of bed within 20 min after she was born and if it werent for a stupid snow storm, i would have gone home the very next morning. As for the urinary issues... I have them too. I have had to live with a pee bag for weeks because i was unable to pee on my own, i am on hold for a sling to be surgically put in until after i heal... i leak urine all the time... Even unmedicated this time around, i still needed a cath because no matter how hard i tried, i could not go pee on my own.

Good luck with what you decide. You know we would support you either way. Smile Cause in the end.. you will have a beautiful baby!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeah I agree with the few I read... I don't think u should opt for the c/s obviously unless u have no other choice. U are 38 weeks now, alot can still change, Full term can be up to 42 weeks, I really would not worry about it if u do go up to almost 42 weeks, My first was 11 days past the due date, when I was induced. I had a 12 hr labor. By then u may already start to dialate and soften. I think u should wait, Please don't feel pressured to make decisions that u don't want to make yet. If for some reason, while u are in labor u need a section, then there is no other choice.

Good luck and to some squats, and lunges, get that baby down!!!! Smile
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 pm

My advice is do what you think is best for you and have no regrets! One way or another your little girl will be here in your arms. Whether she comes vaginally or via csection won't matter to you the moment you see her. I know it's a tough decision and everyone will have their own opinions but I agree that if I were you, I'd just go w/ what your dr. thinks is best at this point. You know she's big and healthy so it's not like you're scheduling a csection just for the heck of it and putting her at risk. Good luck girl!
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:50 pm

I say good luck with whatever you decide to do! My first DS was a vaginal birth, but my past 3 babies have all been delivered via c/s--so I have been both routes and can't say that any one way is better/worse than another. There are pros/cons to each, but in the end it comes down to what YOU feel you need to do--it can be a very stressful decision, but in the end having your baby here and having the least amount of stress on your body is the best. I am recovering from my c/s right now and even though it's hard to get comfortable, I was up walking and going to the bathroom the night of my c/s--I didn't have a catheter, so I had to either get up or pee the bed! lol If you opt for the c/s, you will have a longer recovery, but only in your movements--I was holding Sophia and nursing her with no problems as soon as they had stitched me up! Again, good luck and please let us know what you decide!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:59 pm

What did you decide? Are you having your baby tomorrow?
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  can'twaittobeamommy Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Sorry I didn't post earlier I have been trying to rest to feel better. I am still sick, but much better then yesterday. We are going tomorrow at morning and it's scheduled for 9:30am. If anyone would like to send a prayer or two our way I would appreciate it.

As far as bladder surgery later. My urologist told me there isn't really anything they can do because it's a muscle, and its weak. After reading what April has been going through, I really think a c-section is best at this point. Although it is so NOT going to be fun to recover from. Thank you again so much for all your support and advice.
can'twaittobeamommy
can'twaittobeamommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Krista.. Wishing you the best. You know we will be thinking of you and rooting you on. Im sure either way you will do fine. I just cant wait to hear the news of your new arrival.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Best of luck tomorrow, Krista. It'll all be worth it when she's in your arms!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Good luck Krista! We will all be praying for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to see pictures. Our babies will be birthday buddies!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Good Luck Krista, prayers and thoughts coming your way Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Good luck Krista!!! I am recovering from a c/s and doing great--if you have any questions once you get back on your feet, let me know! There are a few of us that had c/s so we know what you are going through. Hope all went well today and you have your sweet Ruby Love in your arms!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum