March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure?

+2
SequoiaAutumn
LGTWifey
6 posters

Go down

Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure? Empty Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure?

Post  LGTWifey Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:29 pm

So one of my favorite things about Maternity Leave is SWEATPANTS...I also love One Life to Live and General Hospital...HA. Oh yeah, and walking around Target while she sleeps, I haven't done that yet, but I did it NON-STOP with Olivia.

What about you ladies?

I have to say though, I am staying busy, I have a whole list of projects ready for me to start on...if only Avery would nap I could get them started! HA.

And with Olivia I was so nervous to leave the house with her at first, now I just want to get out and run errands...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure? Empty Re: Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure?

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 pm

I was supposed to bring Logan to school this am.. I couldnt get up and get the energy to do it so early. If school started around 10 i could have. Good for you!!! I hope she sleeps better tonight.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure? Empty Re: Maternity Leave or SAHM Guilty Pleasure?

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm

My guilty pleasure was The Young and the Restless and the Bold and the Beautiful. I also liked being able to shop when I wanted, go to lunch with friends and I am with Leigh on this one sweats!! I do love my sweats and T-shirts!!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm

I will have a month off and my son is in school so I will have tons of time to hang out at my two favorite places: Target and Starbucks. I am looking forward to taking walks everyday and a nap if I am tired. I am part Stay at home/part child care, but the freedom will be incredible!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm

My guilty pleasure is napping. I love sleeping in (until 10:00 this AM! - thank you Daylight Saving Time) and then lying down to nap if I get tired. This is my 3rd week off, and I'm not napping that often any more, so I feel like I may finally be getting enough rest. AND I can stay up past 8:00 because I know I don't have to wake up early! I feel guilty every morning when DH gets out of bed to head to work, but he doesn't seem to mind. I think it helps that I'm doing the household chores and cooking for him, which I haven't done much of this pregnancy. He's been doing everything, so I feel good doing laundry and vacuuming and grocery shopping so that he doesn't have to. Then we get plenty of "induction" time at night, which he's enjoying too.

Wow...talk about getting off subject! Sleep, yep that's my guilty pleasure. Very Happy
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 pm

I have also enjoyed being able to keep up with housework, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. That has been nice!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:56 pm

It's funny because I hate housework normally, but when you have all day to do something small and that's all you have to do, it's actually quite enjoyable! I'm having a much better time of it than when I'd try to do it after work or on weekends. I just felt cheated that way. I'm sure I'll get tired of it soon, especially if this baby ever comes out, but I'm enjoying it for now. Smile
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:05 am

I spend way too much time online. This isn't new, but it has been what I've been doing for a while. It will be a hard habit to break, but I really want to cut back once baby is here. With the other 4 kids, there are 4 different bus schedules thru out the day and it makes it impossible for me to go out anywhere so I'm pretty much stuck at home. I think that's why the computer has become my addiction. It is easy to jump on and surf for a little while, head out to the bus & back, surf some more, etc...
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 am

Karen - 4 different bus schedules? How do you keep them straight? I would be throwing the wrong kid out the door at the wrong time, they would end up at the wrong school...you are SUPER MOM Smile
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:53 am

LOL, it took me half a school year to keep the bus numbers straight! I have a sticky note for each kid on the back of my calendar, it says what bus number they are on to/from school (sometimes the number is different) and the drop off & pick up times.

My parents are the ones who will be here when I'm in the hospital. I had to write up a detailed note for them so that they can keep bus schedules straight!
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down