March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE*

+2
Karen
SarinasLilAddition
6 posters

Go down

CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE* Empty CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE*

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Ok, so we've had our Graco carseat now for a few months.. and we finally ordered and received our BOB Revolution Jogging stroller. Well, we went to have the carseat professionally installed.. and tried to remove the 'removable' rain hood.. there was a section that was stitched to the top of the seat (real removable, huh?) so when the installer pulled it back to remove it, it ripped a huge hole in the carseat. We called Graco and they are refunding our money in full.. BUT.. this is not the point. The carseat we had picked out is the only Graco seat that matched our BOB Stroller (brown & orange). The Bob is only compatiable with Graco, Britax and PegPrego(sp?). NOW.. come to find out.. the Graco seat in our pattern (Truffle) is now discontinued. I've been searching and searching and searching.. with no luck. I keep finding it all over the web, and call about it - out of stock. Even when they show it in stock online, I call and it's really out of stock. We had two orders cancelled on us because of this.

Now, I'm thinking we are going to have to return the Bob stroller because it's $300 and I'm not spending almost $500 on the two combined and not even have them match. I'm absolutely in love with our BOB. But the only colors it comes in, are gender specific, other than the brown & orange & brown & tan... but the brown & tan in person is very, not so cute..

So I'm wondering if you ladies had any suggestions on jogging strollers that either come as a travel system (I've only been able to find Baby Trend brand) or any suggestions on joggers that are compatiable with infant seats. I only want a Graco infant seat.

I'm completely lost. Now they are talking about an induction at 39 weeks, so we have 7 days to find, order, and receive a carseat. I dont know what to do. It's got to be a jogger, because we go camping a lot, we go hiking a lot, and I run..

PLEASE HELP Sad Sad
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE* Empty Re: CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE*

Post  Karen Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Can Graco replace just the car seat covering for you? Is that what ripped or did the plastic shell somehow get destroyed?
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE* Empty Re: CARSEAT/STROLLER HELP!! *DESPERATE*

Post  daj72705 Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

what a mess sarina. sorry u r having such a hard time with the stroller/car seat. we are using a graco infant car seat and this is the jogger we got: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3091004

the graco car seat fits down in the stroller and there r straps on the side of the stroller that go across the car seat to hold it in. the stroller has a built in speaker and you can hook up a mp3 player to it. plus it has the cute detachable steering wheel. it really is a sweet stroller. the only problem i have with it is its heavy for me, about 30 lbs i believe. we have an excursion so lifting it in and out of the back is a challenge for me since the suv sits so high up.

check sears we saw the same stroller there for $129

hope that helps.

dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:38 pm

It's just the raincover, and the hood fabric.. but it's almost the entire hood, and since the pattern is discontinued, they 'can not guarentee a perfect match.' Not to mention we need it in a week Sad
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:45 pm

oh Sarina, what a bummer!! i am sorry you are having to troubleshoot when you were all set!

i know you said you want Graco, but if you're open to Chicco, they have an awesome new jogging stroller with car seat combo... the carseat is the keyfit30 - i'm a big fan of their system. i got their travel system, but really want the jogging stroller, too. it's a bit pricey - but really nice.

i have a local store that stocks them... BabiesRUs has them on website, but not in stock yet that i'm aware of. let me know if you want more info, i can provide links.

in any case, good luck!! and congrats on the induction date... yay for 39 weeks!! Very Happy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm

Thank you ladies!! I think we've decided.

https://2img.net/h/i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/AnirasCarolisComing/DOWEMATCH.jpg

Hopefully that link posts..

They match.. its a jogger.. it's compatiable with Graco.. and they are cute..

Not my original pick and hopefully not too "boyish" but I'm satisfied.

UGH.. stress.

Thanks again ladiesfor your input!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 pm

looks good, Sarina... hope you end up loving it! Very Happy
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:45 pm

Sarina that is a very cute print. That really stinks about your car seat. Is this seat also a 32 lber? I know that was the cool thing about your other one. Thats a feature mine didnt have. Did you order that one? When will it arrive? HOpefully on time!!! Good luck!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Oh SON OF A NUTCRACKER...what a bummer.

I was going to bring up another point, but since you have decided you may want to just IGNORE what I am about to type...

We have the Blue BOB (and bought it after we had Olivia, we didn't care that it was Blue and we had a girl) and Olivia was only in her infant carrier for about 4-5 Months, so in the grand scheme of things them needing to match was really only an issue for a few months, so I am not sure if its really a huge deal or not, but I understand the desire to want them to match...just wanted to throw that out there.

Oh yeah and I LOVE the new pattern.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down