March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Milk

+2
lisa_m
DESTINYKEE
6 posters

Go down

Breast Milk Empty Breast Milk

Post  DESTINYKEE Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:00 am

Hi everyone I have a question, It have been a month since Kayla well I am now getting milk. I am so surprise... When I left the hospital the Ob said i would be fine since i did not start to make any milk. MY question is is this normal to get milk a month later when Kayla is not here???
DESTINYKEE
DESTINYKEE

Back to top Go down

Breast Milk Empty Re: Breast Milk

Post  lisa_m Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:16 am

I don't have a good medical answer for you, but my friend who lost her baby at 30 weeks had her milk come in a few days later. I'd call your doctor and let her know that your milk has come in. There are home remedies to help your milk dry up, like putting cabbage leaves in your bra. There are also teas that help. (http://shop.nurturecenter.com/eamaanbanomo.html) It looks like sage and parsley are the main ingredients so you can try that, though I don't know that you'd want to eat them raw.

Other than that, how are you doing? I can only imagine this has been the worst month of your life. Are you and your BF still planning to try again in a few weeks? You know we're all rooting for you.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DESTINYKEE Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:31 am

Lisa we are still going to try and thanks for your help.
DESTINYKEE
DESTINYKEE

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi Destiny~

I don't know about the milk thing either, but wanted to say hi and you have been on my mind! Yes, keep us posted on your plans. We are thinking about you!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 pm

I would call up your Dr.
Ever thought about maybe pumping and donating your milk?

How are you doing? You have been in my thoughts. You and mtmissy(Jen). I hope you and BF can get pregnant soon. May Kayla rest in peace.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:34 pm

I clearly have no idea, but I agree, sounds a little strange, the timing is off. But I don't understand why your OB would assume that your milk wouldn't come in? I thought that was normal after "delivery".

I have been keeping you and Kayla in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck to you as you get ready to try...keep us posted!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 pm

First I want to say nice to see you. How are you doing? I am glad to see you! I used cabbage leaves in the bra, ace bandages around the breast and sports bras to get mine to dry up. It dried up in about a week or so. The cabbage leaves sound disgusting, but I swear it works and it feels really good, especially when you get them fresh out of the fridge.
I think about you and Kayla all the time and you continue to be in my prayers. I hope your plans to become pregnant again work for you. Keep in touch!
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down