March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone who tore..

+5
curls82
LGTWifey
mini*van*mama
Limedrop
YoungMomToBe1991
9 posters

Go down

For anyone who tore.. Empty For anyone who tore..

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:33 pm

while giving birth, how long did it hurt?? My doctor said 2-3 weeks for healing, but sometimes they feel very tender still.. and it's almost been three weeks. I tore a little in my clitoris (how, I have no idea).. but the stitches there are the most horrible, I'm guessing because it is the most sensitive part. Sometimes it's unbearable...
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

For anyone who tore.. Empty Re: For anyone who tore..

Post  Limedrop Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:23 pm

are u and ur bf still having sex??? i know you said you guys were doing anal, maybe thats why its taking so long?? im not sure im a FTM and i havent had my lil one yet im just making a guess.. I know theres some numb stuff u can get over the counter that works good from what i hear but u would have to ask one of the ladies on here whats it called.. its some kind of foam..
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 pm

I am pretty sure if you are still hurting like that at 3 weeks, then something may have torn durning your "fun time" with BF. I would call your Dr and let them know you are still very sore.

If you are still having "fun time" I would stop ASAP.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 pm

I tore, 2nd Degree Tear, and I felt great when I left the hospital, no pain down there 3 days after delivery...and I didn't use any numbing spray or anything like that. If you are still having pain down there I would NOT be putting anything in that area, I am worried for you that you might have an infection...
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  curls82 Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:34 pm

I tore w/ Sylvi and I remember being in pain for about 2 - 3 weeks after. My stitches were all on the inside so you couldn't see them or anything and I didn't tear that high up but I do remember that was the only thing that was painful after my delivery. It was more like a burning sensation or the feeling that my skin down there was raw or something...Sorry if that grosses anyone out Smile I just remember not wanting to even walk around. But I do agree w/ the other ladies, I would lay off the sex. You're a champ girl because I wasn't doing that for months after I had my first. haha.
curls82
curls82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 pm

O chel, I felel bad for u!!! I can't believe u tore that way, I was thinking of u the other day wondering exactly what u meant by " tore in 3 places" I had some pretty bad, tears/ epis, with my 1st. but I also had a roid, that a stitch
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  Blessed with baby #2 Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:43 am

I tore to a 1 degree which I hear isn't bad. I feel fine now and she is a week old today. With Kathryn I tore from hole to hole and it was terrible. The pain lasted about 3 weeks if I remember right. I would say that you should be feeling better soon.
Blessed with baby #2
Blessed with baby #2

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:53 pm

I got a 2nd degree tear, and felt fine afterwards, with my first I got a 3rd degree tear and the pain was worse than labor. It did take a long time to heal...probably about 3 weeks.

But I would definitely make an appt. with the Dr. I do not think it is normal to have excruciating pain at this point post partum.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymommy2b Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:38 pm

This time I tore right down my old episiotomy (all the way to the rectum) because she came so fast there was no time for stretching. I am almost three weeks out and while it is still a little tender, it isn't painful anymore. I think I would put a call in to the doc if I was still having a lot of pain.

With my second I tore up toward my clitoris. It took far less time to heal (but it was a much smaller tear) than tearing down for me.
crazymommy2b
crazymommy2b

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Well it's not excruciating pain... it mostly hurts when I go pee. Which makes me wonder if I have another bladder infection. I have a history of them... and I've had one during my pregnancy, and then another one that turned into a kidney infection and then into sepsis. But I have a doctor's apt. tomorrow to check that out, and hopefully get some input on my stitches.
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  aquaopal Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Update us on how you are doing.
aquaopal
aquaopal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum