March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are you gonna pamper urself??

+9
mini*van*mama
alnaday
daj72705
dsdavin
armywife1203
o4seasmom
GSDmommy
SarinasLilAddition
Limedrop
13 posters

Go down

are you gonna pamper urself?? Empty are you gonna pamper urself??

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:33 am

So i made a appointment at my friends salon (its great having a friend who owns a salon, u basically get everything done for free lol) for a pedicure, highlights and a wash and cut for today.. I called and told her yesterday i wont be doing the pedicure cause i can still manage to do it myself and only made an app incase i couldnt reach my toes at this point anymore. But last night i sat at our dining room table and managed to paint my own toes.. So today im gonna get my hair did.. IM SO EXCITED i havent had a hair cut since Nov. !!!!

Anyone else have plans for a beauty day or anything before the lil one comes? confused
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

are you gonna pamper urself?? Empty Re: are you gonna pamper urself??

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 am

WOOHOO!! Have a great time! I get my hair highlighted every 8-10 weeks so that's not a treat to me.. I wish it was though.. and I have Randy paint my toenails..haha (more skin than nail though).

I hope you have a fantastic time, you deserve it!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  GSDmommy Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:26 am

i took time off work thurs for a haircut - it had become a mop, and i knew it will be hard to make time after miles comes

besides, i deserved it!! ha ha flower
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:28 am

Definitely pamper yourself while you have time--you deserve it!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  armywife1203 Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am

Have fun pampering yourself, we certainly all deserve that! My DH bought me another massage for my birthday so I'll go in on Tuesday for an hour of relaxation. Other then that, I already cut my hair and I plan to attempt to paint my toe nails myself.
armywife1203
armywife1203

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:01 pm

GSDmommy wrote:i took time off work thurs for a haircut - it had become a mop, and i knew it will be hard to make time after miles comes

besides, i deserved it!! ha ha flower

yeah thats exactly why i wanted to get it done now.. my hair looks a hot mess right now, just blah, no shape no nothing and i know once blaise comes my hair is gonna be the last thing on my mind.
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:02 pm

This has been on my mind! I am actually trying to go more "low maintenance" so I can prepare for the little time I will have for myself once the baby is born. I have a hard time leaving my kids with anyone (even for a short time) to go out by myself. I will get my toes pretty sometime this week. A couple of weeks ago I darkened my hair up so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting highlights every six weeks. I don't have the patience to sit that long anymore!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm

I need to pamper myself, but I tend to let that slide to the back burner. Being a stay at home mom now I want to make sure I don't let myself go. As soon as I can get out of these sweat pants I am putting them all away. I am ready to wear real clothes again. I was lazy and had my DH trim my hair and he did a great job! I was impressed! Next time I need to treat myself to a real hair cut.

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:14 pm

dsdavin wrote:This has been on my mind! I am actually trying to go more "low maintenance" so I can prepare for the little time I will have for myself once the baby is born. I have a hard time leaving my kids with anyone (even for a short time) to go out by myself. I will get my toes pretty sometime this week. A couple of weeks ago I darkened my hair up so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of getting highlights every six weeks. I don't have the patience to sit that long anymore!
sunny
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:16 pm

OMG I JUST POSTED THIS LONG THING AND IT CLEARED RIGHT BEFORE I HIT SENT!!!! anyway i basically said in it that i usually only trim my hair twice a year so i know once Blaise comes i wont want to spend the time or money to go get a hair cut and highlights so im gonna do it now and get it over with,, I usually do my highlights myself from a box but she offered to do them free of charge so im gonna take her up on that :0)
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Every year I cut my hair shoulder length and then just grow it really long until I get sick of it and cut it all off again. It is an easy solution! I figure I will be putting my hair up and out if the baby's reach anyways. It hurts when they get their little fingers in there and pull.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  alnaday Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm

I got a gift card at Christmas from my SIL for a prenatal massage; I am going to find time next week to use it.
alnaday
alnaday

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:18 pm

After the week I have had I really think I am going out to get a pedi, a haircut and some hairdye. I just really want something fresh. I am hoping it will get me out of this slump.
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:28 pm

In a few days it won't be about us anymore! Pamper yourselves now!
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:11 pm

My dh got me a prenatal massage and a pedi for V-Day, and I still haven't made the time to go get them done yet. I know I need to, because life with 5 kids will be harder than life with 4 and if I have a hard time finding time now... just wait.

I do need a haircut, last one was in April and my ends need cutting off and my layers need to be cut again.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:34 pm

For those of you trying to go into labor early.. A pedicure would be a good idea. There are pressure points on in your feet and hands that can induce labor. I was going to do that but couldnt find the time. Actually, Rachel, from Signing Time, told me to go get a pedicure too. I was asking her for tricks of the trade.. hehe..she is a certified Bradley Coach as well as a famous childrens entertainer. She wants to take my baby! lol

I havent really done anything to pamper myself.. but i think having dh home for the entire week is pampered enough for me. Although he brought me tap water last night instead of fridge filter water... he was shocked i figured it out. Right now he is making me a yummy salad with spinach topped with orange chicken. He has been so good to me. Smile thats pampered enough for me. Wink
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm planning a haircut and pedicure next week. My hair has been growing so fast this pregnancy! I usually only get it cut every 3 months or so, but I can't go that long while pregnant. And my toes? I haven't been able to reach them in months. Laughing

Even if you can reach your toenails, the foot and ankle massage is totally worth it to me. I went and had a pedicure like 5 or 6 weeks ago when I first started swelling really bad, and the foot rub alone made it all worth it!
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Oh I had to get a Pedi with both pregnancies, with Olivia I got them all the time since she was a summer baby I was in flip flops for most of it, but with Avery I just got one towards the end, I figured I would be looking at my toes up in those stirrups and people would be checking them out, because of course they aren't worried about the other stuff going on down there, they are clearly staring at my feet right? HA. And it was well worth it, like heaven.

Brad just gave me a massage for my Birthday...does anyone know if you have a "waiting period" before you can get one after having a baby?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down