March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pacifier question

+4
SequoiaAutumn
daj72705
Mom to Boo-Rae
GSDmommy
8 posters

Go down

pacifier question Empty pacifier question

Post  GSDmommy Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 pm

I am curious about pacifiers... is it OK to use them when you're breastfeeding? I was under the impression they are like a bottle in that they confuse the baby about sucking in the early stages?
GSDmommy
GSDmommy

Back to top Go down

pacifier question Empty Re: pacifier question

Post  Mom to Boo-Rae Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:20 pm

I used one with DD and didn't have any issues with nursing.

Mom to Boo-Rae

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 pm

I didn't give Jake one right away, but I soon realized how soothing it is for him to have it. At first he didn't even want it. He takes it from time to time still not a huge fan of it which is fine by me. I am breastfeeding and have had no issues with him using the pacifier. He is eating like a champ!

Dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:28 pm

daj72705 wrote:I didn't give Jake one right away, but I soon realized how soothing it is for him to have it. At first he didn't even want it. He takes it from time to time still not a huge fan of it which is fine by me. I am breastfeeding and have had no issues with him using the pacifier. He is eating like a champ!

Dee

Sequoia as using me as her human paci. So i opened a pack up at the hospital..since they dont give them to nursing mothers in our hospital.. and gave it to her. She is not a fan of it either all the time, but will take it from time to time. I didnt push one on Logan and TOTALLY regret it! he is the one i breast fed till he was 4. Very Happy
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:47 am

Since I'm a FTM.. this pacifier issue scares me. I've heard such horror stories about nipple confusion making it very difficult to breastfeed.. but I'm relying on you guys to give it to me straight..lol. But putting a binki in her mouth sounds better than having her latched on my 24 hours a day.

We shall see how it goes!
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:33 am

There are some recent studies that suggest that Paci use reduces the risk of SIDS...and since I wasn't worried about nipple confusion (BF didn't work for me, no milk) I was all for a Paci with both of the girls, anything to prevent SIDS in my book.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YoungMomToBe1991 Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 am

Yeah it's funny because my SO and I were determined to not give Naminai a pacifier.. then we were out one day, and she was crying and we didn't have anything to calm her down... so we decided to try one. She actually doesn't like it that much, she pushes it out of her mouth most of the time. But like the others, ends up taking it from time to time.
YoungMomToBe1991
YoungMomToBe1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillian21180 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 pm

I breastfed both my boys, and Brennen liked the pacifer, Mason hated it!! Brennen didn't have a problem with nipple confusion. Brennen was also better when I supplemented him with formula, didn't give me such a hard time, I had an aweful time trying to pump for him. Mason would hate to take the bottle, but wasn't toooo bad if I wasn't around. I pumped for him, I don't think he ever had a whole bottle of formula.
it's up to u if u want to try it. to each his own, but I'm kinda glad that Mason didn't bother with it. One less thing to break him of, ya know.
Jillian21180
Jillian21180

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down