March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second+ Pregnancy Cramps

4 posters

Go down

Second+ Pregnancy Cramps Empty Second+ Pregnancy Cramps

Post  LGTWifey Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 pm

So upon discharge the OB (not mine, but one from the practice) asked me if I was having bad cramps, I said "As a matter of fact, they are horrible, I thought my uterus was going to fall out", she smiled and said "Totally normal, they get worse with every pregnancy". Because I was freaking out, the pain from the cramps was 10X worse than an "Region" pain was I feeling and no one had prepared me for this, I didn't have it at all with Olivia, just the "contractions" but not the cramping after.

Any other second+ Mom's experience this?
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Second+ Pregnancy Cramps Empty Re: Second+ Pregnancy Cramps

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:34 pm

YES I about died when I was in the hospital from the pain...I was going to ask for a second epidural just to get some relief LOL.
They were so bad the the pain killers they gave me wasnt working at all.
I had no idea it was going to hurt that bad this time.
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks for posting this! Why don't they give you a heads up? Now I know to expect the bad cramps.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:37 pm

THANK GOD you felt it too, not that I wanted you to feel pain or that I was happy you did, but now I feel more normal. I asked my OB why you don't read about it in any books, or why they never prepared me for it, she didn't really say anything...

I was asking for pain meds in the middle of the night at the hospital for the cramps, it was horrible. They have been gone for a few days now, but seriously they were AWFUL.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:42 pm

Yeah I know I thought something was wrong with me...and now when I go to the bathroom it hurts like hell....I think the cramps did my lower ab muscles in because it didnt hurt rite after I had Uriah...it only hurt after the intense cramps.
It really is mean of them not to say anything to us about it.
Im glad I wasnt alone either,I thought I was just being a huge baby this time because I went with the Epidural and didnt feel anything but the cramps LOL
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:47 pm

I havent been on all day.. so catching up on posts...

Try having your 6th child.. just think what the cramps feel like by then! I have a script for 800mg of Motrin for them. Nursing makes them feel SO much worse! With Grayson they passed when he was 8days old.. im expecting it to last as long this time too. Its just your uterus going back down.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:51 pm

SequoiaAutumn wrote:I havent been on all day.. so catching up on posts...

Try having your 6th child.. just think what the cramps feel like by then! I have a script for 800mg of Motrin for them. Nursing makes them feel SO much worse! With Grayson they passed when he was 8days old.. im expecting it to last as long this time too. Its just your uterus going back down.

I thought breast feeding had something to do with it...I cant believe I forgot this soon but for about 2 weeks after every time I breast fed Uriah I would get terrible cramps again....wow am I glad those stoped!
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down