March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C-section recovery question

+2
rylan&babysmommy!
Cheirogloss
6 posters

Go down

C-section recovery question Empty C-section recovery question

Post  Cheirogloss Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:35 pm

For those of you who have had a c-section, how long after surgery were you finally able to start sleeping on your sides? It has been 8 days and my back is soooo sore from nursing and only sleeping propped up on my back. I try to sleep on my side, but the pressure on the incision is too much. I have been on the couch almost every night because it is the only place that I can sleep upright. I miss sleeping with DH and Celia. We bought her a snuggle nest co-sleeper and she has slept in bed for the past two nights. She now only wakes up when we get her for nursing. And now that she is sleeping in bed, I am still on the couch Mad .

The incision pain is also making it difficult for DH and I to reconnect. I don't mean doing the deed, but just spooning or laying together on the couch. I am like a pillow monster with pillows under every limb. Its worse than when I was pregnant. I just had this magical dream of the belly being gone and being able to snuggle better. I was so nieve.
Cheirogloss
Cheirogloss

Back to top Go down

C-section recovery question Empty Re: C-section recovery question

Post  rylan&babysmommy! Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 pm

i asked the nurses when i was in the hospital and they said to try and sleep on your side as soon as possible...i know it hurts but i have also been on the couch. I put a blanket under my little belly i still have and behind my back...it hurts but not that bad. I also want to sleep in my bed with my DH...i miss it!
rylan&babysmommy!
rylan&babysmommy!

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:58 pm

I forget! I am looking forward to sleeping on my back again. I am so sick of my left side! Are you still taking pain medication? I think that your pain should go away soon. Just check and make sure that you are not getting an infection and that is why you still have pain.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  kellie2310 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:03 pm

I totally forget. I don't remember if I had a problem sleeping on my side or not. Hope you feel better soon.
kellie2310
kellie2310

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I am sleeping on my side now. it hurts when i first lay down and i have to be careful when i first get up. i am still taking ibuprofen and pain meds. if i miss a dose i am in pain. what hurts a lot is when i try to prop myself up in bed and i try to scoot my butt back my incision burns. i end up in tears. i pray i heal faster. i feel your pain and my poor DH no snuggling for us either.

dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Aww... I hope you ladies feel better soon Sad
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content