March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diaper Bag

+6
lisa_m
daj72705
JeniDwy
EveD2009
dsdavin
JenniVange
10 posters

Go down

Diaper Bag Empty Diaper Bag

Post  JenniVange Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Ok as a FTM...do you take the diaper bag to the hospital with you? And if so, what should I put in it? They give you diapers so I don't need them...I don't really know what to do with this thing...LOL

Thanks Mommys!!
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Diaper Bag Empty Re: Diaper Bag

Post  dsdavin Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:33 pm

I have mine packed and ready!

Items for me!
Snacks
Baby's going home outfit
blanket
pacifier (3 different kinds)
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  EveD2009 Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm taking mine, I have his coming home outfit, a couple little socks, and little onsies, a blanket, his paci's, and I'm taking my bobby too! I didn't put diapers or anything like that in it.. hopefully I won't need them:)
EveD2009
EveD2009

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 pm

ok that helps! I'll pack his coming home outfit (which if it stays warm out the little booger might sweat!) and a blanket and onesies.

I thought they give you pacis at the hospital? If not, then I did sterilize mine last weekend so we're good there. Ok I better get this stuff together....
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I didn't feel it was worth toting mine. Mine's packed with diapers, blankets, clothes, wipes, gas drops, etc.

I just threw the coming home outfit in my bag. They provide diapers, wipes, creams and the like at my hospital.
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:09 pm

i didnt take my diaper bag, i didnt want one more thing to keep up with. i packed all of jake's things in my bag. they give u diapers and baby wipes. i packed extra clothes and kept jake dressed in his own clothes instead of the hospital t shirts. i also packed a blanket and a pacifier. my hospital doesnt provide pacifiers and they also dont cut the baby's fingernails so u may want to pack a pair.

dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Ooh the nail clippers are a good idea. I thought they said that they cut them when I took a hospital tour, but I may be mistaken. I'd rather be safe then sorry!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 pm

The baby's nails need to be cut when they are first born?? How did I never hear that before??? Ok good idea!!

I'm totally scared to cut his nails....think I can bite them off?? Razz
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  dsdavin Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Sometimes they come out freakishly long. They are really soft. Just trim them while the baby is sleeping and don't cut too close.
dsdavin
dsdavin

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:09 pm

i don't know about other hospitals but mine wont cut baby's nails. Jake's were really long. becareful and make sure when u trim them that u separate the nail from the skin. its easy to cut the skin and do it while they r sleeping. you could also bring a pair of baby mittens to cover their hands.

dee
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm

maybe I'll just ask my mom to do it...yikes.
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa_m Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Jenni, I actually read somewhere that people do bite them off sometimes!! I'll bring a little clippers, but you wouldn't be the first! Laughing
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 pm

I did bring one with Olivia and did NOT with Avery, I didn't have a need for one this time around, never used anything in it with Olivia. I just packed her going home outfit in our bag and threw in a blanket, it was one less bag to carry, plus our hospital gave us two diaper bags from Enfamil and Simalac to bring home, not that we used them, but it was just additional stuff to carry. And our hospital gave us a Paci, so we didn't have a need to bring those.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

http://www.richmondturners.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniVange Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 pm

LOL you guys are confusing me more now! Laughing
JenniVange
JenniVange

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:01 pm

And, I totally bite them!
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Its funny how we live and learn.. I packed for her 2 outfits, socks, onsies, a sweater and a blanket. For me.. toilettries, camera, laptop, pillow and had dh bring clean clothes when he picked me up.
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  obxstefany Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 pm

OK...I did bring Alyssa's diaper bag with me. My reasoning for bringing it was (I totally sound greedy here) was to pack up things that were in her bassinet. I emptied it out once while I was there and again before coming home. I figure we are paying for it....why not take it! I put a couple of outfits in there, couple of onesies and a playtex bottle because they use different nipples from the ones the playtex bottles have. I did not want Alyssa to have nipple confusion. OH...blankets, because I did not want her getting cold when it was time to go home. Our hospital offered paci's...I took a couple of those too...(I am so bad, I know). I bite the nails off...too scared to clip them. I did that with DD and cut them too close and they bled and I felt so guilty! Also...you may want to pack some wipes...not all hospitals provide them. Some only give you gauze or napkins and make you wet them..just an FYI.
obxstefany
obxstefany

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:03 am

I do plan on bringing a diaper bag ... but for the same reason that Stef said.. I need another bag to highjack all the goods..haha. I'll just put her coming home outfit, some blankies, onesies and a sleeper in it. Wooooo.. cheers
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  LGTWifey Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:29 am

Its so funny, the NICU nurses packed all of our "goodies" in the "Personal Items" plastic bags for us, they even gave us scissors, and her little blood pressure cuff, they offered us EVERYTHING. It was great! They put together two formula gift bags too because she is on a special formula...they were so sweet.
LGTWifey
LGTWifey

Back to top Go down

Post  daj72705 Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

I brought an extra duffle bag with us to bring stuff home. My hospital also offered us everything too. Even gave me a bunch of formula bottles in case I need them. The nurse even asked if I wanted to save the staples she took out of my incision. I was like are you serious? She said yes that people save that stuff. I told her no thank you.
daj72705
daj72705

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down