March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folk remedies to bring on the baby?

5 posters

Go down

Folk remedies to bring on the baby? Empty Folk remedies to bring on the baby?

Post  TechieMom Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 pm

So my due date was today, and it doesn't seem like little Liam is going to oblige me by joining us. Any suggestions for how I can encourage him to move things along? I'm so ready it's killing me. bounce

We've been trying the sex thing, frequently, with no luck so far. I will gladly try almost anything at this point.
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Folk remedies to bring on the baby? Empty Re: Folk remedies to bring on the baby?

Post  lisa_m Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Try nipple stimulation - and a lot of it! I've heard that really helps.

Also, exercise. Walking or stairs seem to work for some people.

If all else fails, you can try caster oil, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're super done. It causes diarrhea which can cause contractions, but then you'll be leaking out your butt during labor and that can't be fun.

I will hit 37 weeks Saturday and then I'm going walking every day until I can't any more. I think that's as much as I'm going to do (besides sex) to try to coax this boy out.

Good luck! Sorry you had to hit your due date! You only have to go 2 more weeks at the most, and you can totally do it. Hang in there!

OOOOH!! And spicy foods - but that's more of the stomach discomfort stuff, but better than caster oil.
lisa_m
lisa_m

http://mudgetts.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Folk remedies to bring on the baby? Empty Re: Folk remedies to bring on the baby?

Post  TechieMom Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am

Thanks...I did go for a long walk tonight, and maybe I'll try to keep it up. I don't know about upsetting my stomach any more than it already is - I can barely keep food down.
TechieMom
TechieMom

Back to top Go down

Post  PonyDoodleButt Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 am

Sperm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX.
Walking non stop.....
crying and beging baby to come out.
An evction notice.
Threataning a life time of grounding.
Jumping on a trampaline.
Sure none of them seem practicle but hey atleas youll have a laugh while trying LOL
PonyDoodleButt
PonyDoodleButt

Back to top Go down

Post  mini*van*mama Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:18 pm

IF YOU DO CASTOR OIL DO AN ENIMA FIRST. THAT WILL CLEAN YOU OUT AND THEN THE CASTOR OIL WILL JUST STIMULATE THE CONTRACTIONS TO START. WAIT ABOUT 90 MINUTES AFTER YOU DO THE ENIMA TO DO THE CASTOR OIL!!!!
mini*van*mama
mini*van*mama

Back to top Go down

Post  JeniDwy Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Yep I'm trying spicy food, sex and exercise. So far, no dice. Best of luck to you!!!

I wish ice cream would do it. I have no problem devouring gallons of it!!
JeniDwy
JeniDwy

http://ifoundhappy.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down