March 2009 Babies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally! It is finished!!!

4 posters

Go down

Finally! It is finished!!! Empty Finally! It is finished!!!

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:17 pm

We FINALLY put in the car seat and switched Logan and Grayson's around. Grayson is officially forward facing. That was so hard for me. DH has to put in the fifth seat in the back row still so all the kids can fit comfortably. I took pictures so you can see how pretty. Smile DH typically doesnt watch me and the officer put the seats in. He doesnt understand why it takes the officer 2 hrs at our house. Because i call him by his first name, Craig, dh thinks we have something going on. (i wouldnt mind..hes cute) Anyway.. DH got a taste of car seat installation today. We did 3 car seats and it took us 1 hr 45 min. affraid I reminded him that he is lucky we didnt have to adjust Shaimans seat...that one was a _itch to put in! I am 99% happy with the install. I will have Craig check them out for us next week to make sure its done right.

This is my van

Photobucket

This is all the car seats in my van

Photobucket

Shaimans and Sequoia's

Photobucket

Graysons on left and Logans on window

Photobucket

My view of them

Photobucket

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR CAR SEAT PROFFESSIONALLY INSTALLED TODAY?
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Finally! It is finished!!! Empty Re: Finally! It is finished!!!

Post  o4seasmom Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:21 pm

Okay, I'm just a little overwhelmed that you have FOUR in carseats at the same time!!! You are an amazing woman, seriously! We have 3 in carseats, but our middle guy (who is 6yo) doesn't technically need a carseat still, just the fact that he's really skinny and the adult belt doesn't fit him yet. What ages are yours that are in carseats?? I like the girlie one...makes the whole inside look a little more feminine! Smile By law, none of our kids have to be in carseats here in Peru...we just like to take the extra precautions for our own safety. Do you feel like you are ready to have her now? So soon!!!
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Limedrop Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 pm

ohh thats a whole lot of car seats!!! glad you got that all str8.. Its been raining here and the weather hasnt been nice at all this weekend so once it clears up DH is gonna clean my car (i dont have much in it it just needs to be wiped down and vaccumed) and put Blaise's car seat in and his stroller in my trunk.. We were thinking of getting another car seat base to keep in his car but since he has a 2 door and we take my car everywhere anyway and most likely will once hes born cause its easier and faster to get hin out of a Honda civic than a tinny lil tiburon, we decided to save that money for when we have to get him a bigger car seat.. Very Happy
Limedrop
Limedrop

Back to top Go down

Post  SarinasLilAddition Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:27 pm

WOOHOO for it finally being finished! What a relief, huh? Great job! cheers
SarinasLilAddition
SarinasLilAddition

Back to top Go down

Post  SequoiaAutumn Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:30 pm

o4seasmom wrote:Okay, I'm just a little overwhelmed that you have FOUR in carseats at the same time!!! You are an amazing woman, seriously! We have 3 in carseats, but our middle guy (who is 6yo) doesn't technically need a carseat still, just the fact that he's really skinny and the adult belt doesn't fit him yet. What ages are yours that are in carseats?? I like the girlie one...makes the whole inside look a little more feminine! Smile By law, none of our kids have to be in carseats here in Peru...we just like to take the extra precautions for our own safety. Do you feel like you are ready to have her now? So soon!!!

your right! Seat belts are not made for kids. Its good you still have your 6yr old in one. The laws here in Massachusetts is kids up to 47" or 8yrs old NEEDS to be in a car seat designed for their size and weight. Shaiman is 8.6 yrs old, Logan is 4.7 yrs old, and Grayson is 23mths. We figured Shaiman is fine in his seat, it puts him up higher in the van, his size still qualifies for the seat, and i know he isnt going to secretly put the shoulder belt behind his back while sitting behind me. He likes his seat anyway. We will soon be buying Grayson and new car seat, I really want another Sunshine Kids Radian 80 like Logans. I do feel ready now! Very ready! The car seat issue was stresing me out!
SequoiaAutumn
SequoiaAutumn

http://salisburyseven.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  o4seasmom Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm glad to see that someone else still has their 8yo in a car seat--even if it's by law, our 8yo is still in his, though after this baby comes, we'll be moving him out which I'm not loving, but we need his seat. It's so weird here to see kids not strapped in at all, moms holding kids on laps, or kids riding in the back part of the car (like we used to do as kids), but we are sticking to our guns and making our kids ride in theirs. I agree--they can see better anyhow, and I think it helps with the "in car fighting" because they are all strapped in good and don't have a lot of wiggle room! Very Happy I understand about having one or two things just "bugging" you to get done...please keep us posted on tomorrow, I can hardly wait to meet your princess!!!

Stacey
o4seasmom
o4seasmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down